Top-up bachelor (Honours) // Study in English Bachelor of Science (Honours) Informatics
The programme gives candidates leading-edge skills for 21st-century Informatics. Career destinations for the graduates of the programme include IT Security, web and desktop application development, or continuing their study at the post-graduate level.
The full-time BSc (Hons) Informatics is an international degree, offered in collaboration with Coventry University, UK, with on-campus tuition at IBA, Kolding, in Denmark.
Study start: 09. September 2024 Application deadline: 1st May 2024 for non-EU applicants // 1st July 2024 for EU/EEA/Swiss applicants.
Admission requirements: AP Degree or equivalent to minimum of two years’ post-secondary education in IT-related subjects (120 ECTS or 240 CATS), incl. English proficiency level equivalent to min. IELTS 6.0
Duration: 1 year, 120 CATS (NQF/EQF Level 6)
Tuition: All students regardless their citizenship – from DKK 75,000
Mode of study
Full-time, on campus
Language of instruction
The course is developed, delivered and assessed by IBA, it is awarded and quality assured by Coventry University. The course leads to a Coventry University degree award.
The BSc Informatics degree programme has been designed with specific subject-related modules to address:
- The most recent development in today’s web-intensive environment with topics such as rapid agile development, web application and open source development.
- The social, legal and ethical aspects of the modern computing environment.
Graduates of this programme will be:
- Competent computing professionals, with the ability to work effectively in the computing/IT industry worldwide, or as facilitators in any industry requiring computing/IT expertise.
- Competent to undertake research at the master’s level building on the knowledge gained in the BSc in Informatics.
- Competent to work in a multicultural environment and on project teams.
The programme is delivered and assessed by IBA, it is awarded and quality assured by Coventry University. The programme leads to a Coventry University degree award.
It is a 1-year (2-semesters) bachelor’s top-up programme consisting of 6 taught modules:
- Web API Development – 20 CATS
- Information Technology and Global Development – 20 CATS
- Agile Development – 20 CATS
- Games and AI – 20 CATS
- Open Source Development– 20 CATS
- Individual Project – 20 CATS
Total degree credits - 120 CATS
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated - please contact us for the latest information.
- Coventry University ranked No. 38 UK University - Guardian University Guide 2022
- Top 15 UK university, 5 years running - Guardian University Guide 2016-2020
- IBA is a Danish public institution, focused on professional, vocational education
- Informal, small classes, friendly learning environment
- Education influenced by Danish company requirements, focused on students’ future careers
- Affordable tuition fees
- Company visits
- You must normally have successfully completed a minimum of two years’ post-secondary education (AP degree from Denmark or equivalent), or 240 CATS (APL with 120 credits at level 4 and 120 credits at level 5) obtained in an IT-related area.
The following Danish AP course give direct access to this top-up:
- AP Multimedia Design
- AP Computer Science
- AP IT Technology
English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or higher.
Applicants must submit a valid, recognised international English proficiency test.
- All applicants eligible for admission to the programme will have to complete an online admission interview. If the applicant does not show up for the interview, the application will not be considered further.
- Relevant professional experience will be considered in evaluation of applications.
Non-standard applications may be considered for entry to the course and will be at the discretion of the Course Manager.
You can apply for the Top-up BSc (Honours) in Informatics course only for summer intake (first available intake is Summer 2023).
All applications must be made through the online application form here*.
*Please note that we will not accept applications or any documentation containing personal information via e-mail.
All applicants are required to pay an application fee before their application can be processed by IBA. Read more about the application fee.
All required documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the given deadline:
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 01 May 2024, 16:00 CET
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 01 July 2024, 16:00 CET
Study start is 09 September 2024.
If you have questions in connection with admission, you can contact our International Admission Office via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must attach documentation to support the information mentioned in your application. All relevant documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the above-stated application deadline.
- Upper Secondary School Diploma and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation*)
- AP Degree or equivalent and Transcripts of records with min. 120 ECTS or 240 CATS (Copy of original and translation*)
If you have not finished your degree at the time of application, you must provide detailed Transcripts of records, mentioning the expected date of graduation.
- Documentation for English language proficiency
- Copy of valid passport/national ID
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 A4 pages). Please click here for guidelines and suggestions.
- Application Fee Payment Receipt
If you want to make your application more competitive and be assessed on additional qualifications, you can provide the following documentation:
- Other relevant educational activity (higher education, relevant supplementary training/courses)
- Relevant work experience, incl. internships and compulsory military service (max. 12 months)
- Voluntary unpaid work
- Other activities, such as stays abroad.
All applicants regardless of their citizenship must pay tuition fee for the course.
The tuition fee for the course is DKK 75,000 for the full course.
The fee includes all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. The tuition fee does not include the cost of visa, books, accommodation, food, international travel or local transportation. Students admitted to the study course are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival at IBA.
September start tuition payment deadline:
- Non-EU applicants: 15 June 2024
- EU applicants: 01 August 2024
IBA Alumni Discount
We offer a discounted tuition rate for IBA alumni for continuing their education with IBA.
This will be shown on your final instalment if you choose to pay over multiple instalments.
Example: 75,000 DKK for a BA Top-up in International Business is discounted to 64,000 DKK for IBA alumni.
If you choose two instalments, you will pay 37,500 DKK for the first instalment, and 26,500 DKK for the second instalment, for a total of 64,000 DKK. (the two instalment option is only available to EU/EEA/Swiss citizens and non-EU/EEA/Swiss legal residents in Denmark at the moment of application)
(This is not available to IBA alumni graduating with an AP degree in the years 2022 and 2023, please refer to the international admission office about special rates for these students.)
We do not offer scholarships for this course.
The course is not entitled to the Danish State Education Support (SU). Read more at www.su.dk.
If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you normally need to apply for a Residence Permit to attend the full-time studies, prior your arrival in Denmark. Read more about residence and work permit as a student.
If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you do not need to apply for a residence permit, but must instead apply for an EU residence document after your arrival in Denmark. Read more about EU residence here.
IBA International Business Academy is an independent public institution accredited and regulated by the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science. Please read more about Business Academies in Denmark here.
This programme is accredited by Coventry University, UK.
This programme was approved by the Danish Evaluation and Accreditation Institute (EVA).
IBA International Admission OfficeRecruitment and admissionTel.: +45 72 11 82 97