Master's degree // Study in English
Master of Science in International Business
Strengthen your management skills and your international career. With a Master of Science in International Business, you develop and update current skills in order to understand the ever changing landscape within the field of international business. The course will provide you with theoretical and practical skills to handle your company’s management and international challenges, bringing it into the future.
The MSc in International Business is an international degree, offered in collaboration with Coventry University, UK, with on-campus tuition at IBA, Kolding, in Denmark.
Study start: 09. September 2024 Application deadline: 1st May 2024 for non-EU applicants // 1st July 2024 for EU/EEA/Swiss applicants.
Admission requirements: Bachelor’s degree in business subjects, incl. English proficiency level equivalent to min. IELTS 6.5
Duration: 14 months, 180 CATS (NQF/EQF Level 7)
Tuition: All students regardless of their citizenship – from DKK 105.000
Mode of study
Full-time, on campus
Language of instruction
The course provides students with the opportunity to develop a strategic outlook in a global context and to hone business skills developed in their earlier academic studies. This has the major objective of preparing students for a successful international career in management, in either the public or private sector.
Successful business managers have the ability to think strategically, communicate effectively and implement complex business projects, from new product development, to mergers and acquisitions. The emphasis on building management skills is illustrated in several of the core modules. The MSc in International Business will help students to develop an analytic and conceptual perspective in key functional areas and the ability to apply critical skills to the functions and processes that drive business and organisations today.
During the programme, you will learn how to understand globalization through a focus on the growth of international organisations and businesses and inter-cultural perspectives. The course emphasises the development and implementation of appropriate strategies within a changing environment, strategic risk management and issues of compliance.
In addition to subject knowledge, emphasis is also placed on communication skills in a variety of forms including both written communications and presentations (individual and group). Communication is vital in any business context but the international dimension makes communication even more important and complex. When taking into account organisational and national culture, together with different time zones and the geographical spread of teams, communication can be difficult. These issues are addressed throughout the course with students working in multi-cultural groups to simulate working in an international environment.
The dissertation module provides a context for learning advanced quantitative and qualitative research methods, collating sources of information, and writing a substantial individual piece of work, which demonstrates the student’s ability to relate academic knowledge to organisational practice.
The course develops students’ international strategic thinking, effective communication and research skills, all directly relevant to employers and such skills are designed to be of great value when seeking future employment.
The programme is developed, delivered and assessed by IBA and is awarded, and quality assured by Coventry University. The programme leads to a Coventry University degree award.
It is a 14 month full-time master’s course, consisting of compulsory subjects and a final dissertation.
Total degree credits - 180 CATS
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information.
Reasons to study a degree at IBA, awarded by Coventry University, UK:
- Coventry University ranked No. 38 UK University - Guardian University Guide 2022
- Top 15 UK university, 5 years running - Guardian University Guide 2016-2020
- IBA is a Danish public institution, focused on professional, vocational education
- Informal, small classes, friendly learning environment
- Education influenced by Danish company requirements, focused on students’ future careers
- Affordable tuition fees
- Multiple company visits
- Business lunches where local companies come to IBA, giving the students an opportunity to speak directly with potential future employers
Once graduated, you can get employment at management and mid-management levels in international companies, or you can secure assignments and functions within marketing management and human resource management. You can also pursue an academic research degree such as a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) or Ph.d.
Peter Waring LeiCourse DirectorTel.: +45 72 11 82 53
They daily life on the MSc in International Business at IBA Kolding
Your daily life at IBA will primarily consist of attending lectures, doing group work and solving real-life business cases. During the course, you will also have the opportunity to bond with your fellow students through Friday bars and other social events.
- You must normally have successfully completed a degree in a relevant subject area (Business-related) at undergraduate level (Bachelor or equivalent).
- English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or higher.
Applicants must submit a valid, recognised international English proficiency test.
- Students need to have received scores equating to Lower Second Class (2:2) or better.
- All applicants eligible for admission to the course will have to complete an online admission interview. If the applicant does not show up for the interview, the application will not be considered further.
- Relevant professional experience will be considered in the evaluation of applications.
Non-standard applications may be considered for entry to the course and will be at the discretion of the Course Manager
You can apply for the MSc in International Business only for summer intake.
All applications must be made through the online application form here*.
*Please note that we will not accept applications or any documentation containing personal information via e-mail.
All applicants are required to pay an application fee before their application can be processed by IBA. Read more about the application fee.
All required documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the given deadline:
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 01 May 2024, 16:00 CET
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 01 July 2024, 16:00 CET
Study start is 09 September 2024.
If you have questions in connection with admission, you can contact our International Admission Office via email, at email@example.com.
You must attach documentation to support the information mentioned in your application. All relevant documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the above-stated application deadline.
- Upper Secondary School Diploma and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation)
- Bachelor’s Degree and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation)
If you have not finished your degree at the time of application, you must provide detailed Transcripts of records, mentioning the expected date of graduation.
- Documentation for English language proficiency
- Copy of valid passport/national ID
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 A4 pages). Please click here for guidelines and suggestions
- Application Fee Payment Receipt
If you want to make your application more competitive and be assessed on additional qualifications, you can provide the following documentation:
- Other relevant educational activity (higher education, relevant supplementary training/courses)
- Relevant work experience, incl. internships and compulsory military service (max. 12 months)
- Voluntary unpaid work
- Other activities, such as stays abroad.
All applicants regardless of their citizenship must pay tuition fee for the course.
Tuition fee for the MSc course is:
- The total tuition fee is DKK120,000 for the whole course – you can pay it in 2 instalments. The first instalment is DKK80,000 and the second - DKK40,000.
- However, if you wish to pay the total amount upfront, you will get a discount. Your total tuition fee will then be DKK105,000 for the whole course.
The fee includes all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. The tuition fee does not include the cost of a visa, books, accommodation, food, international travel, or local transportation. MSc students admitted to the study course are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival at IBA.
September start tuition payment deadline:
- Non-EU applicants: 15 June 2024
- EU applicants: 01 August 2024
We do not offer scholarships for this course.
The course is not entitled to the Danish State Education Support (SU). Read more at www.su.dk.
IBA Alumni Discount
We offer a discounted tuition rate for IBA alumni for continuing their education with IBA.
This will be shown on your final instalment if you choose to pay over multiple instalments.
Example: DKK105,000 for an MSc in International Business is discounted to DKK90,000 for IBA alumni.
- If you choose two instalments, you will pay DKK80,000 for the first instalment, and DKK10,000 for the second instalment, for a total of DKK90,000.
- If you choose three instalments, you will pay DKK40,000 for the first instalment, the second instalment is also DKK40,000 and the final instalment will be DKK10,000. Your total tuition fee will be DKK90,000. (only available to EU/EEA/Swiss citizens and non-EU/EEA/Swiss legal residents in Denmark at the moment of application)
If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you normally need to apply for a Residence Permit to attend the full-time studies, prior your arrival in Denmark. Read more about residence and work permit as a student.
If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you do not need to apply for a residence permit, but must instead apply for an EU residence document after your arrival in Denmark. Read more about EU residence here.
IBA International Business Academy is an independent public institution accredited and regulated by the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science. Please read more about Business Academies in Denmark here.
This programme is accredited by Coventry University, UK.
This programme was approved by the Danish Evaluation and Accreditation Institute (EVA).
IBA International Admission OfficeRecruitment and admissionTel.: +45 72 11 82 97