Master's degree // Study in English
Master of Science in International Business
Strengthen your management skills and your international career. With a Master of Science in International Business, you develop and update current skills in order to handle your company’s management and international challenges, bringing it into the future.
The MSc is an international education offered in cooperation with Coventry University in the UK.
It is a 12 month full-time master’s programme, consisting of compulsory subjects and a final dissertation.
What you learn
During this education, you will develop excellent skills in strategic thinking, effective communication and research, all directly relevant to employers, such skills are of great value when seeking future employment . You get insights into the analytical methods that are applied in international companies, giving you the ability to understand and work effectively in international business with focus on emerging markets.
Additionally, you will be able to identify companies’ challenges and potentials for development, as well as preparing your company for changes within an International and inter-cultural context.
All classes, teaching and exams are in English.
At IBA International Business Academy we combine theory with practice. Learning and teaching includes practical assignments, group work and case studies, with challenges from real businesses. Classroom lectures are a combination of blended learning, company visits, and other activities including business competitions and special events, and the more you can bring in your own experiences, the more varied and interesting the education.
Once graduated, you can get employment at management and mid-management levels in international companies, or you can secure assignments and functions within marketing management and human resource management. You can also pursue an academic research degree such as a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) or Ph.d.
Top 5 reasons to study with Coventry University
1) Coventry University is the UK’s number one modern university.
2) Renowned for its impressive facilities and practical approach to learning, Coventry is joint 1st in the UK for teaching excellence.
3) Gain recognition from studying at a UK top 15 university, and a top 5% University globally.
4) Our students have access to many international opportunities, creating truly global graduates. 95% of our graduates are in employment or further study.
5) Earn an English language-taught degree, accredited by a top UK University without the expense of overseas tuition fees.
Structure of the programme
- Global Supply Chain and Logistics 15 CATS
- Marketing in an International Perspective 15 CATS
- Accounting for Business 15 CATS
- Global Business in Emerging Regions 15 CATS
- International Leadership and Management 15 CATS
- Global Markets and Entry Strategies 15 CATS
- International Trade Management 15 CATS
- International Human Resource Management 15 CATS
- The Postgraduate Research Project 60 CATS
Total degree credits - 180 CATS
You must normally have successfully completed a degree in a relevant subject area at undergraduate level (bachelor or equivalent).
Additionally, you must have passed English at a certain level. Students from Denmark must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level. The English B-level is represented by 210 hours during the last three years of upper-secondary school (equivalent to the Danish B-level of a Danish upper-secondary examination).
Students from all other countries must present a recognised international English test, with a result equivalent to or better than:
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL Paper: 550
- TOEFL Computer: 213
- TOEFL Internet-based: 79 (minimum 19 in all sections)
- Cambridge test: CAE A, B or C
- Oxford Online Placement test: B2 (min. 70 in each part)
- PTE 58+ (authorized test only)
When applying for this programme, you need to fill in the application form here. Please note that this programme only has summer intake.
For summer intake the application deadline is 20. April 2019 for EU Citizen and non-EU Citizen.
Study start is September 16, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding admission and your application, please contact Peter Lei at +45 26 20 09 69, or email@example.com.
As from the summer intake 2017, all non-EU citizens without a Danish permanent residence permit must pay an application fee of 750 DKK. IBA must receive the application fee before the application deadline, otherwise your application will not be evaluated. The application fee will not be deducted in any form, it is not a guarantee for admission and it is not refundable if the student is not admitted.
The application fee must be paid online HERE.
Please send the payment receipt along with your signature page/application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tuition fee for the Master of Science programme is DKK 96,000, if you pay the total amount up front. If you wish to pay annually, you can do so. Then the first year costs DKK 75,000 and the second DKK 35,000.
The fees include all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. Books are not included. MSc students admitted to the study programme are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival to IBA.