Master's degree // Study in English
Master of Science in International Business
Strengthen your management skills and your international career. With a Master of Science in International Business, you develop and update current skills in order to handle your company’s management and international challenges, bringing it into the future.
The MSc is an international education offered in cooperation with Coventry University in the UK.
Study start: 12. September 2022 Application deadline: 30 June 2022 at 12:00 CET for Non-EU applicants // 15 August 2022 at 12:00 CET for DK/EU/EEA/Swiss applicants
Admission requirements: Bachelor’s degree in business subjects, incl. English proficiency level equivalent to min. IELTS 6.5
Duration: 12 months, 180 CATS (NQF/EQF Level 7)
Tuition: All students regardless their citizenship – from DKK 96,000
Mode of study
Full-time, on campus
Language of instruction
The programme provides students with the opportunity to develop a strategic outlook in a global context and to hone business skills developed in their earlier academic studies. This has the major objective of preparing students for a successful international career in management, in either the public or private sector.
Successful business managers have the ability to think strategically, to communicate effectively and to implement complex business projects, from new product development, to mergers and acquisitions. The emphasis on building management skills is illustrated in several of the core modules. The MSc International Business will help students to develop an analytic and conceptual perspective in key functional areas and the ability to apply critical skills to the functions and processes that drive business and organisations today.
The programme introduces students to globalization through focus on growth of international business and inter-cultural perspectives. The programme emphasises the development and implementation of appropriate strategies within a changing environment, strategic risk management and issues of compliance.
In addition to subject knowledge, emphasis is also placed on communication skills in a variety of forms including written form and presentations (individual and group). Communication is vital in any business context but the international dimension makes communication even more important and complex. When taking into account organisational and national culture, together with different time zones and the geographical spread of teams, communication can be difficult. These issues are addressed throughout the course with students working in multi- cultural groups to simulate working.
The dissertation module provides a context for learning advanced quantitative and qualitative research methods, collating sources of information, and writing a substantial individual piece of work, which demonstrates the student’s ability to relate academic knowledge to organisational practice.
The programme develops students’ strategic thinking, effective communication and research skills, all directly relevant to employers and such skills are designed to be of great value when seeking future employment.
It is a 12 month full-time master’s programme, consisting of compulsory subjects and a final dissertation.
- Global Supply Chain and Logistics 15 CATS
- Marketing in an International Perspective 15 CATS
- Accounting for Business 15 CATS
- Global Business in Emerging Regions 15 CATS
- International Leadership and Management 15 CATS
- Global Markets and Entry Strategies 15 CATS
- International Trade Management 15 CATS
- International Human Resource Management 15 CATS
- The Postgraduate Research Project 60 CATS
Total degree credits - 180 CATS
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information.
Top 5 reasons to study with Coventry University.
1) Ranked No.15 UK University - Guardian University Guide 2020
2) Top 15 UK university 5 years running - Guardian University Guide 2016-2020
3) 5 QS Stars Rated for Excellence - QS Stars University Ratings 2020
4) Top 30 in the World for International Students - QS World University Rankings 2021
5) University of the Year for Student Experience 2019 - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
Once graduated, you can get employment at management and mid-management levels in international companies, or you can secure assignments and functions within marketing management and human resource management. You can also pursue an academic research degree such as a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) or Ph.d.
Application Procedure and Admission Requirements
- You must normally have successfully completed a degree in a relevant subject area (Business-related) at undergraduate level (Bachelor or equivalent).
- English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or higher.
Applicants must submit a valid, recognised international English proficiency test.
- All applicants eligible for admission to the programme will have to complete an online admission interview. If the applicant does not show up for the interview, the application will not be considered further.
- Relevant professional experience will be considered in evaluation of applications.
Non-standard applications may be considered for entry to the course and will be at the discretion of the Programme Manager
You can apply for the MSc in International Business only for summer intake.
All applications must be made through the online application form here*.
*Please note that we will not accept applications or any documentation containing personal information via e-mail.
All applicants are required to pay an application fee before their application can be processed by IBA. Read more about the application fee.
All required documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the given deadline:
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 30 June 2022, 12:00 CET
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 15 August 2022, 12:00 CET
Study start is 12 September 2022.
If you have questions in connection with admission, you can contact our International Admission Office via email, at email@example.com.
You must attach documentation to support the information mentioned in your application. All relevant documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the above-stated application deadline.
- Upper Secondary School Diploma and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation)
- Bachelor’s Degree and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation)
If you have not finished your degree at the time of application, you must provide detailed Transcripts of records, mentioning the expected date of graduation.
- Documentation for English language proficiency
- Copy of valid passport/national ID
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 A4 pages)
- Application Fee Payment Receipt
If you want to make your application more competitive and be assessed on additional qualifications, you can provide the following documentation:
- Other relevant educational activity (higher education, relevant supplementary training/courses)
- Relevant work experience, incl. internships and compulsory military service (max. 12 months)
- Voluntary unpaid work
- Other activities, such as stays abroad.
All applicants regardless of their citizenship must pay tuition fee for the programme.
Tuition fee for the MSc programme is:
- The total tuition fee is DKK 110,000 for the whole programme – you can pay it in 2 instalments. The first instalment is DKK 75,000 and the second - DKK 35,000.
- However, if you wish to pay the total amount upfront, you will get a discount. Your total tuition fee will then be DKK 96,000 for the whole programme.
The fee includes all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. The tuition fee does not include the cost of a visa, books, accommodation, food, international travel, or local transportation. MSc students admitted to the study programme are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival at IBA.
We do not offer scholarships for this programme.
The programme is not entitled to the Danish State Education Support (SU). Read more at www.su.dk.
If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you normally need to apply for a Residence Permit to attend the full-time studies, prior your arrival in Denmark. Read more about residence and work permit as a student.
If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you do not need to apply for a residence permit, but must instead apply for an EU residence document after your arrival in Denmark. Read more about EU residence here.