Master's degree // Study in English
Master of Science in International Business
Strengthen your management skills and your international career. With a Master of Science in International Business, you develop and update current skills in order to handle your company’s management and international challenges, bringing it into the future.
The MSc is an international education offered in cooperation with Coventry University in the UK.
It is a 12 month full-time master’s programme, consisting of compulsory subjects and a final dissertation.
What you learn
During this education, you will develop excellent skills in strategic thinking, effective communication and research, all directly relevant to employers, such skills are of great value when seeking future employment . You get insights into the analytical methods that are applied in international companies, giving you the ability to understand and work effectively in international business with focus on emerging markets.
Additionally, you will be able to identify companies’ challenges and potentials for development, as well as preparing your company for changes within an International and inter-cultural context.
All classes, teaching and exams are in English.
At IBA International Business Academy we combine theory with practice. Learning and teaching includes practical assignments, group work and case studies, with challenges from real businesses. Classroom lectures are a combination of blended learning, company visits, and other activities including business competitions and special events, and the more you can bring in your own experiences, the more varied and interesting the education.
Once graduated, you can get employment at management and mid-management levels in international companies, or you can secure assignments and functions within marketing management and human resource management. You can also pursue an academic research degree such as a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) or Ph.d.
Top 5 reasons to study with Coventry University.
1) Ranked No.15 UK University - Guardian University Guide 2020
2) Top 15 UK university 5 years running - Guardian University Guide 2016-2020
3) 5 QS Stars Rated for Excellence - QS Stars University Ratings 2020
4) Highest ranking modern university in England 2013-2019 - Guardian University Guide
5) Earn an English language-taught degree, accredited by a top UK University without the expense of overseas tuition fees.
Structure of the programme
- Global Supply Chain and Logistics 15 CATS
- Marketing in an International Perspective 15 CATS
- Accounting for Business 15 CATS
- Global Business in Emerging Regions 15 CATS
- International Leadership and Management 15 CATS
- Global Markets and Entry Strategies 15 CATS
- International Trade Management 15 CATS
- International Human Resource Management 15 CATS
- The Postgraduate Research Project 60 CATS
Total degree credits - 180 CATS
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information.
You must normally have successfully completed a degree in a relevant subject area at undergraduate level (bachelor or equivalent).
Students from Denmark must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level. The English B-level is represented by 210 hours, carried out during the last three years of upper-secondary school (equivalent to the Danish B-level of a Danish upper-secondary examination).
Applicants from EU countries must present one of the following valid recognised international English tests, with a result equivalent to or better than:
- IELTS Academic: overall score 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each component)
- TOEFL Internet-based: 83
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): grade A, B or C (min score 176)
- Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE): pass
- Cambridge English First (FCE): grade A or B (min score 176)
- Oxford Online Placement Test: CEF B2, minimum 75 in each section (offered by IBA or an approved IBA representative abroad). Test result must be no more than 1 year old at the date of application.
- International Baccalaureate (from the IB diploma programme): English B HL passed, English B SL (minimum grade 5)
- PTE Academic: 58 (authorized test only)
For non-EU applicants we only accept IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or Cambridge tests.
IMPORTANT NOTICE for non-EU applicants! If you are not able to take an IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or Cambridge tests because of COVID-19 (you must provide proof that your booked test was postponed or cancelled), you can take an Oxford Online Placement Test under our full supervision. More information about the test will be provided upon personal contact. If you wish to use this opportunity, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exempted from the requirement of the English test are:
- Applicants holding Nordic entrance exams (Norway, Sweden, Finland or Iceland). The documentation for these applicants will be assessed according to the standard requirements for Danish applicants.
- Native English speakers and applicants with a qualifying examination with on-campus tuition in USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, or Ireland. The applicant must provide documentation that the programme was taught in English.
Please note that applicants with a qualifying examination from any country other than the above-mentioned (including any African and Asian countries where the language of instruction is English), must submit IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge test.
- Applicants holding an English-taught AP or BA degree from the Danish education institution. The applicant must provide documentation that the programme was taught in English.
When applying for this programme, you need to fill in the application form here. Please note that this programme only has summer intake.
For summer intake the application deadline is 15. June 2020 for EU Citizen and non-EU Citizen.
Study start is September 7, 2020.
If you have any questions regarding admission and your application, please contact Peter Lei at +45 26 20 09 69, or email@example.com.
All non-EU citizens without a valid Danish permanent residence permit must pay an application fee of 750 DKK.
IBA must receive the application fee before the application deadline; otherwise your application will not be considered.
The application fee will not be deducted in any form; it is not a guarantee of admission, and it is not refundable if the student is not admitted, or if they cancel the application during the process.
Exempted from paying the application fee:
- Non-EU students who have completed one of IBA’s study programmes and are applying for another
- Non-EU students with a valid Danish permanent residence permit
- Applicants with refugee status, who are living in Denmark and who have a permanent residence permit issued in Denmark.
The tuition fee for the Master of Science programme is DKK 96,000, if you pay the total amount up front. If you wish to pay annually, you can do so. Then the first year costs DKK 75,000 and the second DKK 35,000.
The fees include all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. Books are not included. MSc students admitted to the study programme are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival to IBA.