Master's degree // Study in English
Master of Science in Business and Organisational Psychology
The course provides an opportunity for professionals and future professionals with or without a background in psychology to gain an in-depth understanding of psychology theory as applied to business. The course will make the students able to contribute to the development of professional skills around managing human behaviour and promoting well-being in a business and organisational context.
The MSc in Business and Organisational Psychology is an international degree, primarily consisting of international students. The course is offered in collaboration with Coventry University, UK, with on-campus tuition at IBA, Kolding, in Denmark.
Study start: 11. September 2023 Application deadline: 15th May 2023 for Non-EU applicants // 1st July 2023 for EU/EEA/Swiss applicants.
Admission requirements: Bachelor’s degree in business and/or psychology subjects, incl. English proficiency level equivalent to min. IELTS 6.5
Duration: 14 months, 180 CATS (NQF/EQF Level 7)
Tuition: All students regardless their citizenship – from DKK 110,000
Mode of study:
Full-time, on campus
Language of instruction:
The MSc Business and Organisational Psychology course provides a critical understanding of applying psychology as an integrated part of business management.
You will acquire practical skills within several fields, including:
Understanding consumer behaviours,
The impact of globalisation on organisational behaviours through different research methods and relevant literature.
The course provides an opportunity for professionals and future professionals without a background in psychology to learn about and critically evaluate psychological principles and theory as applied to business. This contributes to the development of transferable skills around human resource management and promoting well-being in a business and organisational context.
This recognises that the knowledge and skills related to occupational psychology are fundamental for a diverse range of professionals, including marketing specialists, organisational communication professionals, and human resources professionals, among others. The course requires students to reflect critically on theory and practice from an ethical and professional standpoint through applied learning.
More broadly, the course will appeal to those who wish to develop leadership skills and to those who are managing diverse teams or working as part of a team. It will also be relevant for students interested in organisational development or those seeking Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities.
The programme is delivered and assessed by IBA, and it is awarded and quality assured by Coventry University. The programme leads to a Coventry University degree award.
It is a 14-month (3-semester) full-time Master’s programme, consisting of compulsory subjects and a final dissertation.
- Psychological Assessment at Work – 20 CATS
- Work and Wellbeing – 20 CATS
- Leadership Engagement and Motivation – 20 CATS
- Learning, Training and Development – 20 CATS
- Consumer Psychology – 20 CATS
- Project Planning and Research – 20 CATS
- Systematic Literature Review and Evidence-Based Practice – 60 CATS
Total degree credits - 180 CATS
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated - please contact us for the latest information.
Download Programme Specification (PDF)
Coventry University is a global, modern university with a mission of Creating Better Futures. Founded by entrepreneurs and industrialists in 1843 as the Coventry School of Design, the university continues to have strong links with the public and private sectors, providing job-ready graduates with the skills and creative thinking to improve their communities. Coventry University's students are part of a global network that has 50,000 learners studying Coventry University degrees in more than 40 different countries worldwide. In recent years the university has won many awards and vastly improved their rankings in the league tables that matter to students.
Reasons to study a degree at IBA, awarded by Coventry University, UK:
- Coventry University ranked No. 38 UK University - Guardian University Guide 2022
- Top 15 UK university, 5 years running - Guardian University Guide 2016-2020
- IBA is a Danish public institution, focused on professional, vocational education
- Informal, small classes, friendly learning environment
- Education influenced by Danish company requirements, focused on students’ future careers
- Affordable tuition fees
- Multiple company visits
- Business lunches where industry partners visit IBA, giving the students an opportunity to speak directly with potential future employers
- Live assignments with case studies
- The opportunity to conduct psychological research within your research interests
- Collecting empirical data and critical thinking will be part of your education.
The graduates from this course typically go on to develop their own consultancy
practice, or work within business-related employment opportunities across a range of commercial and public sector organisations, both in their home country and internationally.
The variety of opportunities includes (but is not exclusive to) Human Resource management, recruitment and training management, and workplace well-being practice/management roles. Successful completion of the course allows graduates to practice Occupational and Business Psychology in related fields; this is not transferable to other areas of psychological practice.
As an international student, you will have the opportunity to experience an international environment which will contribute to the development of your intercultural skills.
Everyday life at Business and Organisational Psychology
Your everyday life at IBA will primarily consist of attending class-based lectures, including group work and solving business cases. At IBA, you will also be able to attend Friday bars and participate in other social activities to further bond with fellow students from your own program as well as others.
- You must normally have successfully completed a degree in a relevant subject area at the undergraduate level (Bachelor or equivalent).
We consider the following subject areas as relevant for the course: Business Administration, Commerce, HRM, Management, Organisational Behaviour, Leadership and Business Psychology, Sociology, or similar disciplines.
- English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or higher.
Applicants must submit a valid, recognised international English proficiency test.
Read about our English requirements, accepted certificates and exemptions.
- Students need to have received scores equating to Lower Second Class (2:2) or better
- All applicants eligible for admission to the course will have to complete an online admission interview. If the applicant does not show up for the interview, the application will not be considered further.
- Relevant professional experience will be considered in the evaluation of applications.
Non-standard applications may be considered for entry to the course and will be at the discretion of the Course Manager.
You can apply for the MSc in Business and Organisational Psychology only for summer intake.
All applications must be made through the online application form here*.
*Please note that we will not accept applications or any documentation containing personal information via e-mail.
All applicants are required to pay an application fee before their application can be processed by IBA. Read more about the application fee.
All required documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the given deadline:
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 15 May 2023, 12:00 CET
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 01 July 2023, 12:00 CET
Study start is 11 September 2023.
If you have questions in connection with admission, you can contact our International Admission Office via email, at email@example.com.
You must attach documentation to support the information mentioned in your application. All relevant documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the above-stated application deadline.
- Upper Secondary School Diploma and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation)
- Bachelor’s Degree and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation)
If you have not finished your degree at the time of application, you must provide detailed Transcripts of records, mentioning the expected date of graduation.
- Documentation for English language proficiency
- Copy of valid passport/national ID
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 A4 pages)
- Application Fee Payment Receipt
If you want to make your application more competitive and be assessed on additional qualifications, you can provide the following documentation:
- Other relevant educational activity (higher education, relevant supplementary training/courses)
- Relevant work experience, incl. internships and compulsory military service (max. 12 months)
- Voluntary unpaid work
- Other activities, such as stays abroad.
All applicants regardless of their citizenship must pay tuition fee for the programme.
Tuition fee for the MSc programme is:
- The total tuition fee is DKK 110,000 for the whole programme – you can pay it in 2 instalments. The first instalment is DKK 75,000 and the second - DKK 35,000.
- However, if you wish to pay the total amount upfront, you will get a discount. Your total tuition fee will then be DKK 96,000 for the whole programme.
The fee includes all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. The tuition fee does not include the cost of a visa, books, accommodation, food, international travel, or local transportation. MSc students admitted to the study programme are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival at IBA.
September start tuition payment deadline:
- Non-EU applicants: 1st July 2023
- EU applicants: 15th August 2023
We do not offer scholarships for this course.
The course is not entitled to the Danish State Education Support (SU). Read more at www.su.dk.
IBA Alumni Discount
We offer a discounted tuition rate for IBA alumni for continuing their education with IBA.
This will be shown on your final instalment if you choose to pay over multiple instalments.
Example: 96,000 DKK for an MSc in Business and Organisational Psychology is discounted to 80,000 DKK for IBA alumni.
- If you choose two instalments, you will pay 75,000 DKK for the first instalment, and 5,000 DKK for the second instalment, for a total of 80,000 DKK
- If you choose three instalments, you will pay 37.500 DKK for the first instalment, the second instalment is also 37,500 DKK, and the final instalment will be 5,000 DKK. Your total tuition fee will be 80,000 DKK. (the three-installment option is only available to EU/EEA/Swiss citizens and non-EU/EEA/Swiss legal residents in Denmark at the moment of application)
If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you normally need to apply for a Residence Permit to attend the full-time studies, prior your arrival in Denmark. Read more about residence and work permit as a student.
If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you do not need to apply for a residence permit, but must instead apply for an EU residence document after your arrival in Denmark. Read more about EU residence here.
IBA International Business Academy is an independent public institution accredited and regulated by the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science. Please read more about Business Academies in Denmark here.
This programme is accredited by Coventry University, UK.
This programme was approved by the Danish Evaluation and Accreditation Institute (EVA).
Peter Waring LeiCourse DirectorTel.: +45 72 11 82 53
Franziska FeiglCourse AdministratorTel.: +45 72 11 82 19
Mathew Haworth SeveranceInternational Coordinator, Recruitment & Admission (CU / LBU Programmes)Tel.: +45 20 77 93 32
Anna BarseghyanInternational Coordinator, Recruitment & Admission (CU / LBU Programmes)Tel.: +45 20 78 21 36