Master's degree // Study in English
Master of Business Administration in General Management
The philosophy which underpins the MBA General Management is to provide a broad-based course which prepares students for career progression in managerial positions and develops their skills as effective managers.
Study start: 01. February 2023 Application deadline: 15. November 2022 at 12:00 CET for Non-EU applicants // 15. January 2023 at 12:00 CET for EU/EEA/Swiss applicants.Study start: September 2023
Admission requirements: Bachelor’s degree incl. English proficiency level equivalent to min. IELTS 6.5 and min. 2 years of managerial work experience
Duration: 15 months, 180 CATS (NQF/EQF Level 7)
Tuition: All students regardless their citizenship – from DKK 95,000
Mode of study:
Full-time, on campus
Language of instruction:
Study MBA at IBA
The philosophy which underpins the MBA General Management is to provide a broad-based course which prepares students for career progression in managerial positions and develops their skills as effective managers. This rationale requires the course to provide students with a sound knowledge of management and an understanding of theoretical models and frameworks.
An essential component of the MBA General Management course is the development of a strategic dimension which draws on the analysis and understanding of business functions and organizational processes from the perspective of highlighting an organisation’s ability to implement decisions stimulate innovation and integrate leadership within the firm.
Of equal importance, the course ensures that students are exposed to the development of personal skills and reflective practice as this is at the heart of effective management practice. Thus, the MBA General Management course is concerned with ‘how business and organizations work today’ and the connections and links between a firm’s internal constructs and the external, global economic marketplace. This requires a thorough understanding of managerial structures and analytical techniques in order to interpret and communicate issues and cases. Such knowledge is essential for the development of the critical and in depth understanding and analysis of current enterprise-wide business and financial issues.
The academic content is also complemented by a strong skills emphasis. The ability to integrate academic knowledge with experience, to work with others, to interpret data, to present and communicate a range of information, to make use of IT, and to undertake realistic self-appraisal are seen as essential to students achieving their full potential in management.
The MBA is an international education offered by Coventry University, in cooperation with IBA International Business Academy in Kolding. It is a 15-month master’s course consisting of nine taught modules and a final dissertation.
- KOLM04MKT Principles of Marketing 15 CATS
- KOLM34BSS Strategic Analysis 15 CATS
- KOLM11HRM Human Resource Management 15 CATS
- KOLM03EFA Economic Environment of Business 15 CATS
- KOLM05EFA Financial Statement Analysis and Decision Making 15 CATS
- KOLM41BSS Innovation Management 15 CATS
- KOLM42BSS Management Consulting 15 CATS
- KOLM33BSS Principles of Strategic Leadership 15 CATS
- KOLM43BSS The Postgraduate Research Project: Dissertation Route 60 CATS
Total Degree Credits 180 CATS
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information.
Coventry University is a global, modern university with a mission of Creating Better Futures. Founded by entrepreneurs and industrialists in 1843 as the Coventry School of Design the university continues to have strong links with the public and private sector, providing job-ready graduates with the skills and creative thinking to improve their communities. Coventry University's students are part of a global network that has 50,000 learners studying Coventry University degrees in more than 40 different countries worldwide. In recent years the university has won many awards and vastly improved their rankings in the league tables that matter to students.
Top 7 reasons to study with Coventry University
Shortlisted for University of the Year - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021
Ranked 38th in UK by the Guardian - Guardian University Guide 2022
Ranked 51st in UK by the Times - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
No.3 in UK for students overseas - Based on in-person delivery of TNE Programmes with an overseas institution, HESA data 2020/21
Top 100 in World for ‘international outlook - THE World University Rankings 2022
5 QS Stars Overall Rating - QS Stars University Ratings
70% of Coventry University’s Research was classed as world-leading or internationally excellent - Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021
As an MBA graduate, you can typically enter senior management roles or build a career in consulting, marketing, finance and human resource management.
- You must normally have successfully completed a degree at undergraduate level (Bachelor or equivalent).
- English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or higher.
Applicants must submit a valid, recognised international English proficiency test.
- You must have minimum 2 years of relevant managerial work experience (managing a team/department, own company, or project management experience).
Work experience must be supported by an official documentation.
- All applicants eligible for admission to the programme will have to complete an online admission interview. If the applicant does not show up for the interview, the application will not be considered further.
Non-standard applications may be considered for entry to the course and will be at the discretion of the Course Manager
You can apply for the MBA in General Management for summer and winter intakes.
All applications must be made through the online application form here*.
*Please note that we will not accept applications or any documentation containing personal information via e-mail.
All applicants are required to pay an application fee before their application can be processed by IBA. Read more about the application fee.
All required documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the given deadline:
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 15 November 2022, 12:00 CET
- Payment deadline non-EU/EEA/Swiss: 30 November 2022
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 15 January 2023, 12:00 CET
- Payment deadline EU/EEA/Swiss: 31 January 2023
Study start is 1 February 2023.
Study start is September 2023.
If you have questions in connection with admission, you can contact our International Admission Office via email, at email@example.com.
You must attach documentation to support the information mentioned in your application. All relevant documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the above-stated application deadline.
- Upper Secondary School Diploma and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation)
- Bachelor’s Degree and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation)
If you have not finished your degree at the time of application, you must provide detailed Transcripts of records, mentioning the expected date of graduation.
- Proof of min. 2 years of managerial work experience
The document must be signed and stamped by the employer and contain information about your job title, duration of the employment, main responsibilities, number of people in your team. The company must provide full contact details (telephone numbers, e-mail, website and address).
- Documentation for English language proficiency
- Copy of valid passport/national ID
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 A4 pages)
- Application Fee Payment Receipt
If you want to make your application more competitive and be assessed on additional qualifications, you can provide the following documentation:
- Other relevant educational activity (higher education, relevant supplementary training/courses)
- Voluntary unpaid work
Other activities, such as stays abroad etc.
All applicants regardless of their citizenship must pay tuition fee for the programme.
Tuition fee for the MBA programme is:
- The total tuition fee is DKK 110,000 for the whole course – you can pay it in 2 instalments. The first instalment is DKK 75,000 and the second - DKK 35,000.
- However, if you wish to pay the total amount upfront, you will get a discount. Your total tuition fee will then be DKK 95,000 for the whole course.
The fee includes all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. The tuition fee does not include the cost of a visa, books, accommodation, food, international travel, or local transportation. MBA students admitted to the study course are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival at IBA.
We do not offer scholarships for this course.
The course is not entitled to the Danish State Education Support (SU). Read more at www.su.dk.
If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you normally need to apply for a Residence Permit to attend the full-time studies, prior your arrival in Denmark. Read more about residence and work permit as a student.
If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you do not need to apply for a residence permit but must instead apply for an EU residence document after your arrival in Denmark. Read more about EU residence here.