Master's degree // Study in English
Master of Business Administration in General Management
The philosophy which underpins the MBA General Management is to provide a broad-based course which prepares students for career progression in managerial positions and develops their skills as effective managers. During the program, you will learn how to identify different development areas within a company and respond to those from a managerial standpoint.
The MBA in General Management is an international degree, offered in collaboration with Coventry University, UK, with on-campus tuition at IBA, Kolding, in Denmark.
Study start: 01. February 2024 Application deadline: 1st November 2023 for Non-EU applicants // 1st January 2024 for EU/EEA/Swiss applicants.Study start: 09. September 2024 Application deadline: 1st May 2024 for non-EU applicants // 1st July 2024 for EU/EEA/Swiss applicants.
Admission requirements: Bachelor’s degree incl. English proficiency level equivalent to min. IELTS 6.5 and min. 2 years of full-time managerial work experience
Duration: 14 months, 180 CATS (NQF/EQF Level 7)
Tuition: All students regardless their citizenship – from DKK 115,000
Mode of study:
Full-time, on campus
Language of instruction:
An essential component of the MBA in General Management course is the development of a strategic dimension which draws on the analysis and understanding of business functions and organizational processes from the perspective of highlighting an organisation’s ability to implement decisions that stimulate innovation and integrate leadership within the firm.
Of equal importance, the course ensures that students are exposed to the development of personal skills and reflective practice as this is at the heart of effective management practice. Thus, the MBA in General Management course is concerned with ‘how business and organizations work today’ and the connections and links between a firm’s internal constructs and the external, global economic marketplace.
This requires a thorough understanding of managerial structures and analytical techniques in order to interpret and communicate issues and cases. Such knowledge is essential for the development of the critical and in depth understanding and analysis of current enterprise-wide business and financial issues.
The academic content is also complemented by a strong skills emphasis. The ability to integrate academic knowledge with experience, to work with others, to interpret data, to present and communicate a range of information, to make use of IT, and to undertake realistic self-appraisal are seen as essential to students achieving their full potential in management.
The programme is delivered and assessed by IBA and awarded and quality assured by Coventry University. The programme leads to a Coventry University degree award.
It is a 14-month (3-semester) master’s programme consisting of nine taught modules and a final dissertation.
Total Degree Credits - 180 CATS
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information.
Download the Programme Specification
Coventry University is a global, modern university with a mission of Creating Better Futures. Founded by entrepreneurs and industrialists in 1843 as the Coventry School of Design the university continues to have strong links with the public and private sector, providing job-ready graduates with the skills and creative thinking to improve their communities.
Coventry University's students are part of a global network that has 50,000 learners studying Coventry University degrees in more than 40 different countries worldwide. In recent years the university has won many awards and vastly improved their rankings in the league tables that matter to students.
Reasons to study a degree at IBA, awarded by Coventry University, UK:
- Coventry University ranked No. 38 UK University - Guardian University Guide 2022
- Top 15 UK universities, 5 years running - Guardian University Guide 2016-2020
- IBA is a Danish public institution, focused on professional, vocational education
- Informal, small classes, friendly learning environment
- Education influenced by Danish company requirements, IBA focuses on students’ future careers
- Affordable tuition fees
- A wide range of different company visits
- Business lunches where local companies come to IBA, giving the students an opportunity to speak directly with potential future employers
- Live assignments with case studies and no need to pay huge fees for reading materials.
As a master in Business Administration and General Management graduate, you can choose to pursue a full-time career in senior management roles within various industries. You can also choose to build a career in consulting, marketing, finance and human resource management.
If you want to contribute to the advancement and dissemination of knowledge within the realm of management, you also have the option of engaging in research in the field based on your educational background. In this way, you can shape your own academic profile for future career opportunities.
Peter Waring LeiCourse DirectorTel.: +45 72 11 82 53
Everyday life at IBA in Kolding
As an MBA-student, you will have plenty of opportunities to bond with fellow students during the course. Your everyday life will consist of attending classes, group work, case studies and more. As the Master of Business Administration in General Management is an international MBA-programme, you will meet students from different parts of the world, which grants the course a global dimension.
Across different courses, we always encourage students to participate in the various different social activities that IBA offers. On campus, you can engage in sport activities and the weekly Friday bar, where you can get a chance to know your fellow students even better.
- You must normally have successfully completed a degree at the undergraduate level (bachelor's or equivalent). To find out if your non-Danish entry qualifications fulfil the minimum entry requirements for the course, you can visit our International Qualifications webpage.
- English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or higher.
Applicants must submit a valid, recognised international English proficiency test.
- You must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant full-time managerial work experience (managing a team/department, own company, or project management experience).
Work experience must be supported by official documentation.
Students need to have received scores equating to Lower Second Class (2:2) or better
- All applicants eligible for admission to the programme will have to complete an online admission interview. If the applicant does not show up for the interview, the application will not be considered further.
Non-standard applications may be considered for entry to the course and will be at the discretion of the Course Manager
You can apply for the MBA in General Management for summer and winter intakes.
All applications must be made through the online application form here*.
*Please note that we will not accept applications or any document containing personal information via e-mail.
All applicants are required to pay an application fee before their application can be processed by IBA. Read more about the application fee.
All required documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the given deadline:
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 01 May 2024, 16:00 CET
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 01 July 2024, 16:00 CET
Study start is 09 September 2024.
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 01 November 2023, 16:00 CET
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 01 January 2024, 16:00 CET
Study start is February 2023.
If you have questions in connection with admission, you can contact our International Admission Office via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must attach documentation to support the information mentioned in your application. All relevant documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the above-stated application deadline.
- Upper Secondary School Diploma and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation)
- Bachelor’s Degree and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation)
If you have not finished your degree at the time of application, you must provide detailed Transcripts of records, mentioning the expected date of graduation.
- Proof of min. 2 years of full-time managerial work experience
The document must be signed and stamped by the employer, on the company’s letterhead, and contain information about your job title,duration of employment, main responsibilities, and the number of people in your team (if applicable).The company must provide full contact details (telephone numbers, e-mail, website and address).The managerial experience can either be the management of people (subordinates) or project management with the coordination of multiple departments.
- Documentation for English language proficiency
- Copy of valid passport/national ID
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 A4 pages). Please click here for guidelines and suggestions
- Application Fee Payment Receipt
If you want to make your application more competitive and be assessed on additional qualifications, you can provide the following documentation:
- Other relevant educational activity (higher education, relevant supplementary training/courses)
- Voluntary unpaid work
Other activities, such as stays abroad etc.
All applicants regardless of their citizenship must pay tuition fee for the programme.
Tuition fee for the MBA programme is:
- The total tuition fee is DKK 130,000 for the whole programme – you can pay it in 2 instalments. The first instalment is DKK 90,000 and the second - DKK 40,000.
- However, if you wish to pay the total amount upfront, you will get a discount. Your total tuition fee will then be DKK 115,000 for the whole programme.
The fee includes all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. The tuition fee does not include the cost of a visa, books, accommodation, food, international travel, or local transportation. MBA students admitted to the study programme are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival at IBA.
September start tuition payment deadline:
- Non-EU applicants: 15 June 2024
- EU applicants: 01 August 2024
We do not offer scholarships for this course.
The course is not entitled to the Danish State Education Support (SU). Read more at www.su.dk.
IBA alumni discount
We offer a discounted tuition rate for IBA alumni for continuing their education with IBA.
This will be shown on your final instalment if you choose to pay over multiple instalments.
Example: 115,000 DKK for an MBA in General Management is discounted to 97,500 DKK for IBA alumni.
- If you choose two instalments, you will pay 90,000 DKK for the first instalment, and 7,500 DKK for the second instalment, for a total of 97,500 DKK
- If you choose three instalments, you will pay 45,000 DKK for the first instalment, the second instalment is also 45,000 DKK, and the final instalment will be 7,500 DKK. Your total tuition fee will be 97,500 DKK. (the three instalment option is only available to EU/EEA/Swiss citizens and non-EU/EEA/Swiss legal residents in Denmark at the moment of application)
If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you normally need to apply for a Residence Permit to attend the full-time studies, prior your arrival in Denmark. Read more about residence and work permit as a student.
If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you do not need to apply for a residence permit but must instead apply for an EU residence document after your arrival in Denmark. Read more about EU residence here.
IBA International Business Academy is an independent public institution accredited and regulated by the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science. Please read more about Business Academies in Denmark here.
This programme is accredited by Coventry University, UK.
This programme was approved by the Danish Evaluation and Accreditation Institute (EVA).
IBA International Admission OfficeRecruitment and admissionTel.: +45 72 11 82 97