Master's degree // Study in English
Master of Business Administration in General Management
This degree is for you if you already have management experience, and would like to further your career in an international context.
With this master’s degree in General Management you learn techniques that will improve your business results and make sure your company takes on a leading position in the market, leaving the competitors behind.
You get a unique opportunity to be part of an international network of current students and alumni.
The MBA is an international education offered by Coventry University, in cooperation with IBA International Business Academy in Kolding. It is a 12-month master’s programme consisting of nine taught modules and a final dissertation.
What you learn
The programme has a strong focus on strategic management issues, in combination with an in-depth exploration of functional organisational areas. You learn about the many external factors that influence a business’s success, ability to compete, and position in the market.
You acquire a number of very effective tools, and you learn about parameters such as strategy at a corporate and business level, economics, management, marketing and human resource management, which are important for your company’s international success.
All classes are taught in English.
At IBA Kolding, we combine theory with practice. Learning and teaching includes practical assignments, group work and case studies, with challenges from real businesses. Classroom lectures are a combination of blended learning, company visits, and other activities including business competitions and special events, and the more you can bring in your own experiences, the more varied and interesting the education.
As an MBA graduate, you can typically enter senior management roles or build a career in consulting, marketing, finance and human resource management.
Top 5 reasons to study with Coventry University
1) Coventry University is the UK’s number one modern university.
2) Renowned for its impressive facilities and practical approach to learning, Coventry is joint 1st in the UK for teaching excellence.
3) Gain recognition from studying at a UK top 15 university, and a top 5% University globally.
4) Our students have access to many international opportunities, creating truly global graduates. 95% of our graduates are in employment or further study.
5) Earn an English language-taught degree, accredited by a top UK University without the expense of overseas tuition fees.
Structure of the programme
- KOLM04MKT Principles of Marketing 15 CATS
- KOLM34BSS Strategic Analysis 15 CATS
- KOLM11HRM Human Resource Management 15 CATS
- KOLM05EFA Financial Statement Analysis and Decision Making 15 CATS
- KOLM03EFA Economic Environment of Business 15 CATS
- KOLM41BSS Innovation Management 15 CATS
- KOLM42BSS Management Consulting 15 CATS
- KOLM33BSS Principles of Strategic Leadership 15 CATS
- KOLM43BSS The Postgraduate Research Project: Dissertation Route 60 CATS
Total Degree Credits 180 CATS
You must normally have successfully completed a degree in a relevant subject area at undergraduate level (bachelor or equivalent). For this study programme, you should have minimum two years of relevant management experience.
Students who are not from Denmark must present a recognised international English test, with a result equivalent to or better than:
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL Paper: 550
- TOEFL Computer: 213
- TOEFL Internet-based: 79 (minimum 19 in all sections)
- Cambridge test: CAE A, B or C
- Oxford Online Placement test: B2 (min. 70 in each part)
- PTE 58 + (authorized test only)
For winter intake the application deadline is 10. November 2017 for EU Citizen and non-EU Citizen.
For summer intake the application deadline is 30. April 2018 for EU Citizen and non-EU Citizen.
Study start is September 11, 2017
If you have any questions regarding admission and your application, please contact Peter Lei at +45 26 20 09 69, or email@example.com.
As from the summer intake 2017, all non-EU citizens without a Danish permanent residence permit must pay an application fee of 750 DKK. IBA must receive the application fee before the application deadline, otherwise your application will not be evaluated. The application fee will not be deducted in any form, it is not a guarantee for admission and it is not refundable if the student is not admitted.
The application fee for winter intake must be paid online HERE.
The application fee for summer intake must be paid online HERE.
Please send the payment receipt along with your signature page/application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tuition fee for the MBA programme is DKK 95,000, if you pay the total amount up front. If you wish to pay annually, you can do so. Then the first year costs DKK 75,000 and the second DKK 35,000.
The fees include all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. Books are not included. MBA students admitted to the study programme are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival to IBA.