Master's degree // Study in English
Master of Business Administration in General Management
This degree is for you if you already have management experience, and would like to further your career in an international context.
With this master’s degree in General Management you learn techniques that will improve your business results and make sure your company takes on a leading position in the market, leaving the competitors behind.
Study start: 01. February 2021 Application Deadline: 15 November 2020Study start: 13. September 2021 Application deadline: 15. June 2021
Admission requirements: Bachelor degree incl. English.
Duration: 15 month full-time, 180 CATS
Tuition: DKK 95,000
You get a unique opportunity to be part of an international network of current students and alumni.
The MBA is an international education offered by Coventry University, in cooperation with IBA International Business Academy in Kolding. It is a 15-month master’s programme consisting of nine taught modules and a final dissertation.
What you learn
The programme has a strong focus on strategic management issues, in combination with an in-depth exploration of functional organisational areas. You learn about the many external factors that influence a business’s success, ability to compete, and position in the market.
You acquire a number of very effective tools, and you learn about parameters such as strategy at a corporate and business level, economics, management, marketing and human resource management, which are important for your company’s international success.
All classes are taught in English.
At IBA Kolding, we combine theory with practice. Learning and teaching includes practical assignments, group work and case studies, with challenges from real businesses. Classroom lectures are a combination of blended learning, company visits, and other activities including business competitions and special events, and the more you can bring in your own experiences, the more varied and interesting the education.
As an MBA graduate, you can typically enter senior management roles or build a career in consulting, marketing, finance and human resource management.
Top 5 reasons to study with Coventry University
1) Ranked No.15 UK University - Guardian University Guide 2020
2) Top 15 UK university 5 years running - Guardian University Guide 2016-2020
3) 5 QS Stars Rated for Excellence - QS Stars University Ratings 2020
4) Highest ranking modern university in England 2013-2019 - Guardian University Guide
5) Earn an English language-taught degree, accredited by a top UK University without the expense of overseas tuition fees.
Structure of the programme
- KOLM04MKT Principles of Marketing 15 CATS
- KOLM34BSS Strategic Analysis 15 CATS
- KOLM11HRM Human Resource Management 15 CATS
- KOLM03EFA Economic Environment of Business 15 CATS
- KOLM05EFA Financial Statement Analysis and Decision Making 15 CATS
- KOLM41BSS Innovation Management 15 CATS
- KOLM42BSS Management Consulting 15 CATS
- KOLM33BSS Principles of Strategic Leadership 15 CATS
- KOLM43BSS The Postgraduate Research Project: Dissertation Route 60 CATS
Total Degree Credits 180 CATS
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information.
Download student handbook (PDF)
You must normally have successfully completed a degree in a relevant subject area at undergraduate level (bachelor or equivalent). For this study programme, you should have minimum two years’ relevant management experience.
Students from Denmark must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level. The English B-level is represented by 210 hours, carried out during the last three years of upper-secondary school (equivalent to the Danish B-level of a Danish upper-secondary examination).
Applicants from EU countries must present one of the following valid recognised international English tests, with a result equivalent to or better than:
- IELTS Academic: overall score 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each component)
- TOEFL Internet-based: 83
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): grade A, B or C (min score 176)
- Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE): pass
- Cambridge English First (FCE): grade A or B (min score 176)
- Oxford Online Placement Test: CEF B2, minimum 75 in each section (offered by IBA or an approved IBA representative abroad). Test result must be no more than 1 year old at the date of application.
- International Baccalaureate (from the IB diploma programme): English B HL passed, English B SL (minimum grade 5)
- PTE Academic: 58 (authorized test only)
For non-EU applicants we only accept IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or Cambridge tests.
IMPORTANT NOTICE for non-EU applicants! If you are not able to take an IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or Cambridge tests because of COVID-19 (you must provide proof that your booked test was postponed or cancelled), you can take an Oxford Online Placement Test under our full supervision. More information about the test will be provided upon personal contact. If you wish to use this opportunity, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the duration of the COVID-19 lockdowns, IBA will also accept IELTS Indicator, if taken via a recognised IELTS test centre. The same scores apply as for the regular IELTS.
Exempted from the requirement of the English test are:
- Applicants holding Nordic entrance exams (Norway, Sweden, Finland or Iceland). The documentation for these applicants will be assessed according to the standard requirements for Danish applicants.
- Native English speakers and applicants with a qualifying examination with on-campus tuition in USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, or Ireland. The applicant must provide documentation that the programme was taught in English.
Please note that applicants with a qualifying examination from any country other than the above-mentioned (including any African and Asian countries where the language of instruction is English), must submit IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge test.
- Applicants holding an English-taught AP or BA degree from the Danish education institution. The applicant must provide documentation that the programme was taught in English.
When applying for this programme, you need to fill in the application form here.
For winter intake the application deadline is 15. November for EU Citizen and non-EU Citizen.
For summer intake the application deadline is 15. June for EU Citizen and non-EU Citizen.
If you have any questions regarding admission and your application, please contact Peter Lei at +45 26 20 09 69, or email@example.com.
All non-EU citizens without a valid Danish permanent residence permit must pay an application fee of 750 DKK.
IBA must receive the application fee before the application deadline; otherwise your application will not be considered.
The application fee will not be deducted in any form; it is not a guarantee of admission, and it is not refundable if the student is not admitted, or if they cancel the application during the process.
Exempted from paying the application fee:
- Non-EU students who have completed one of IBA’s study programmes and are applying for another
- Non-EU students with a valid Danish permanent residence permit
- Applicants with refugee status, who are living in Denmark and who have a permanent residence permit issued in Denmark.
The application fee for Spring intake must be paid online HERE.
The application fee for Autumn intake must be paid online HERE.
Please remember to mention your name on the payment, and to include the receipt of payment along with your signature page to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tuition fee for the MBA programme is DKK 95,000, if you pay the total amount up front. If you wish to pay annually, you can do so. Then the first year costs DKK 75,000 and the second DKK 35,000.
The fees include all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. Books are not included. MBA students admitted to the study programme are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival to IBA.