Master's degree // Study in English
Master of Business Administration in General Management
The philosophy which underpins the MBA General Management is to provide a broad-based programme of study which prepares students for career progression in managerial positions and develops their skills as effective managers.
Study start: 01. February 2022 Application deadline: 15. November 2021 (Non-EU applicants) and 15. January 2022 (DK/EU applicantsStudy start: 12. September 2022 Application deadline: 30 June 2022 (Non-EU applicants) 15 August 2022 (DK/EU applicants)
Admission requirements: Bachelor degree incl. English.
Duration: 15 month full-time, 180 CATS
Tuition: DKK 95,000
Study MBA at IBA
The philosophy which underpins the MBA General Management is to provide a broad-based programme of study which prepares students for career progression in managerial positions and develops their skills as effective managers. This rationale requires the course to provide students with a sound knowledge of management and an understanding of theoretical models and frameworks.
An essential component of the MBA General Management programme of study is the development of a strategic dimension which draws on the analysis and understanding of business functions and organizational processes from the perspective of highlighting an organisation’s ability to implement decisions stimulate innovation and integrate leadership within the firm.
Of equal importance, the programme ensures that students are exposed to the development of personal skills and reflective practice as this is at the heart of effective management practice. Thus, the MBA General Management programme is concerned with ‘how business and organizations work today’ and the connections and links between a firm’s internal constructs and the external, global economic marketplace. This requires a thorough understanding of managerial structures and analytical techniques in order to interpret and communicate issues and cases. Such knowledge is essential for the development of the critical and in depth understanding and analysis of current enterprise-wide business and financial issues.
The academic content is also complemented by a strong skills emphasis. The ability to integrate academic knowledge with experience, to work with others, to interpret data, to present and communicate a range of information, to make use of IT, and to undertake realistic self-appraisal are seen as essential to students achieving their full potential in management.
The MBA is an international education offered by Coventry University, in cooperation with IBA International Business Academy in Kolding. It is a 15-month master’s programme consisting of nine taught modules and a final dissertation.
- KOLM04MKT Principles of Marketing 15 CATS
- KOLM34BSS Strategic Analysis 15 CATS
- KOLM11HRM Human Resource Management 15 CATS
- KOLM03EFA Economic Environment of Business 15 CATS
- KOLM05EFA Financial Statement Analysis and Decision Making 15 CATS
- KOLM41BSS Innovation Management 15 CATS
- KOLM42BSS Management Consulting 15 CATS
- KOLM33BSS Principles of Strategic Leadership 15 CATS
- KOLM43BSS The Postgraduate Research Project: Dissertation Route 60 CATS
Total Degree Credits 180 CATS
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information.
Top 5 reasons to study with Coventry University
1) Ranked No.15 UK University - Guardian University Guide 2020
2) Top 15 UK university 5 years running - Guardian University Guide 2016-2020
3) 5 QS Stars Rated for Excellence - QS Stars University Ratings 2020
4) Top 30 in the World for International Students - QS World University Rankings 2021
5) University of the Year for Student Experience 2019 - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019
As an MBA graduate, you can typically enter senior management roles or build a career in consulting, marketing, finance and human resource management.
You must normally have successfully completed a degree in a relevant subject area at undergraduate level (bachelor or equivalent). For this study programme, you should have minimum two years’ relevant management experience.
Students from Denmark must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level. The English B-level is represented by 210 hours, carried out during the last three years of upper-secondary school (equivalent to the Danish B-level of a Danish upper-secondary examination).
Applicants from EU countries must present one of the following valid recognised international English tests, with a result equivalent to or better than:
- IELTS Academic: overall score 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each component)
- TOEFL Internet-based: 83
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): grade A, B or C (min score 176)
- Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE): pass
- Cambridge English First (FCE): grade A or B (min score 176)
- Oxford Online Placement Test: CEF B2, minimum 75 in each section (offered by IBA or an approved IBA representative abroad). Test result must be no more than 1 year old at the date of application.
- International Baccalaureate (from the IB diploma programme): English B HL passed, English B SL (minimum grade 5)
- PTE Academic: 58 (authorized test only)
For non-EU applicants we only accept IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or Cambridge tests.
IMPORTANT NOTICE for non-EU applicants! If you are not able to take an IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or Cambridge tests because of COVID-19 (you must provide proof that your booked test was postponed or cancelled), you can take an Oxford Online Placement Test under our full supervision. More information about the test will be provided upon personal contact. If you wish to use this opportunity, please contact us via email@example.com.
For the duration of the COVID-19 lockdowns, IBA will also accept IELTS Indicator, if taken via a recognised IELTS test centre. The same scores apply as for the regular IELTS.
Exempted from the requirement of the English test are:
- Applicants holding Nordic entrance exams (Norway, Sweden, Finland or Iceland). The documentation for these applicants will be assessed according to the standard requirements for Danish applicants.
- Native English speakers and applicants with a qualifying examination with on-campus tuition in USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, or Ireland. The applicant must provide documentation that the programme was taught in English.
Please note that applicants with a qualifying examination from any country other than the above-mentioned (including any African and Asian countries where the language of instruction is English), must submit IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge test.
- Applicants holding an English-taught AP or BA degree from the Danish education institution. The applicant must provide documentation that the programme was taught in English.
All applicants regardless of their citizenship are required to pay the application fee of 750 DKK + service charge. Read more about the application fee.
The tuition fee for the MBA programme is DKK 95,000, if you pay the total amount up front. If you wish to pay annually, you can do so. Then the first year costs DKK 75,000 and the second DKK 35,000.
The fees include all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. Books are not included. MBA students admitted to the study programme are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival to IBA.