For fiery entrepreneurial souls!
Entrepreneurship at IBA
Choosing the road of entrepreneurship is also a sustainable career path. Therefore, IBA has some special offers for students who wishes to make their own business and develop their own entrepreneurial competences.
While studying at IBA you can get connected with a creative entrepreneurial environment where you can develop your ideas, create sustainable business models, and generate value for society.
- Non-binding guidance
- A creative incubator environment
- Internship for entrepreneurs
- A strong network of other entrepreneurs
IBA can offer you various possibilities as an entrepreneur. Read more below about what opportunities you have.
While studying at IBA you can get non-binding guidance on your business idea. We offer sparring and assistance regarding how to further develop your concepts, your business model, and how to research the potential in your ideas – and we always have your needs as the starting point.
Do you wish to book an appointment for some non-binding guidance?
Carina Hundevad Forssling
New addition to IBA in the incubator, which you can become part of while studying here. IBA Incubator is a part of IBA´s innovation centre at Trindholmsgade 2, which also includes IBA Nexttech (a knowledge centre for additive manufacturing/3D-printing).
IBA Incubator is a binding shared office facility where you can network with like-minded people, work concentrated with your startup, and make use of IBA´s various other offers for entrepreneurs.
The incubator is for ambitious and serious aspiring entrepreneurs. To become part of IBA Incubator, it must be assessed that you can and will develop your startup seriously.
Carina Hundevad Forssling
An entrepreneurial internship is a startup process, where you independently work with developing your entrepreneurial competences, while growing your company for 12 weeks.
As an entrepreneurial intern you are deeply involved in planning your 12-week internship. Hereby you get an individual process that is tailored to your needs – and furthermore a strong network with other entrepreneurs. Please note that there might be workshops and others during the internship period that will be held in Danish.
For instance, the benefits of an entrepreneurial internship are:
- An experienced external mentor
- A unique network with other entrepreneurs
- Friday Network with inspirational talks from other entrepreneurs
- Guiding conversations with a team of entrepreneurial consultants from IBA
- Relevant company visits
- Information regarding entrepreneurial activities outside IBA
- A workstation provided by IBA Incubator
We have the following requirements for you:
- That you are autonomous and highly motivated for growing your business
- That you actively participate
- That you actively contribute with your knowledge and competences in the network of other entrepreneurs
In addition, we require that you have 'proof of concept' and that you are at least ready for the next step: 'proof of sale'. Just like you already have clients in the pipeline. Read more about the concepts here (only in Danish).
The following assistant professors at IBA are associated with the IBA Incubator as entrepreneurial consultants:
- Ditte Hoffmann Kærslund – email@example.com
- Anne Dorthe Larsen – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jens Jørgen Nielsen – email@example.com
- Hanne Skov Bertelsen – firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and Deadline
To be taken into consideration, you must submit a written application after which you will be invited to an interview with an assessment committee. The assessment committee consists of your future internship supervisor and IBA´s Entrepreneurship Coordinator.
Your written application must include the following:
- A description of your business idea and associated business model – see the application form
- Your resume
DEADLINE The submission deadline is October 1 / April 1, and it must be sent to Entrepreneurial and Innovation Coordinator, Carina Hundevad Forssling, email@example.com.
Do you dream of becoming a freelancer? And do you want to explore the career as freelancer while you study at IBA? If so, IBA´s offer is surely something for you.
Get further help from Business Kolding
Free advice, exciting events, and relevant tools are only some of what Business Kolding can offer you as an entrepreneur.
Carina Hundevad ForsslingEntrepreneurial and Innovation CoordinatorTel.: +45 61 93 95 70