Chinese Language and Culture - Elementary 2
The course continues to introduce Chinese grammar, characters, culture and to develop their basic Chinese language proficiency , develop ability of Chinese communication. Exercises for listening, speaking, reading and writing from part of the course. After the course, students are able to sit the Chinese proficiency test HSK 3 or HSK 4 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi).
The course is for students who have completed the study of “New Practical Chinese Reader "Vol. 1, Seven Lessons of HSK Vol. 3 and wish to continue learning Chinese as well as sudents whose listening and speaking skills are at an equivalent level.
After completing the course, students’ lexical resource will be expanded to almost 600. Participants can understand and learn Chinese related to daily settings, can use more complex grammatical structures and long sentence patterns to communicate familiar topics through interaction and description; know more Chinese characters and write simple basic Chinese characters. Participants will be able to compose brief passages, acquire a thorough comprehension of Chinese cultural knowledge, preliminary cross-cultural awareness and international perspectives.
- Correct pronunciation of Chinese
- Recognize and use 600 basic Chinese words/phrases and basic sentence patterns, and use Chinese dictionary
- Form correct sentences with grammar
- Introduce Chinese characters in textbook
- Introduce some Chinese traditional culture
The course is based on the textbook “Standard Course HSK 3 Lesson 11 to Lesson 20” and “New Practical Chinese Reader” Vol.2.
Facts about the course
- Venue: IBA Erhvervsakademi Kolding, Havneparken 1, 6000 Kolding
- Teaching language: Chinese & English
- Course fee: Free of charge for full-time and exchange IBA students. 750 DKK + 200 DKK fee for teaching materials.
Ildikó AntalDirector, IBA International & Confucius InstituteTel.: +45 25 28 45 47