Chinese Language and Culture - Beginner 2
This course is a continuation of the course “Beginner 1”, and it uses the textbook “New Practical Chinese Reader”, lessons 8-14. Through the course, participants will learn how to use Chinese to express themselves in daily life, talk about themselves, meet people, go shopping and so on. Participants will also expand their Chinese vocabulary and grammatical knowledge. After the course, students can sit the HSK 2 (the Chinese proficiency test).
This course is for students who have completed the Chinese Language and Culture beginner 1 course, or the textbook “New Practical Chinese Reader", lessons 1-7. Students whose listening and speaking skills are at an equivalent level are also welcome.
During the course, students will develop their knowledge of the Chinese language, including basic Chinese characters, sentence patterns, structure and grammar, while consolidating their phonetic knowledge. The students will also develop their skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. After the course, the students will have an elementary command of basic Chinese language structure.
- 300 common Chinese characters
- Appropriate pronunciation and intonation
- Conversation around personal interest, family life, daily and leisure activities, campus and professional life
- Expressions of time, place, location
- Chinese culture and background knowledge.
The course is based on the textbook “Standard Course HSK2” and “New Practical Chinese Reader 1” from Lesson 8 to Lesson 14.
Facts about the course
- Venue: IBA Erhvervsakademi Kolding, Havneparken 1, 6000 Kolding
- Teaching language: Chinese & English
- Course fee: Free of charge for full-time and exchange IBA students. 750 DKK + 200 DKK fee for teaching materials.
Ildikó AntalDirector, IBA International & Confucius InstituteTel.: +45 25 28 45 47