Chinese Language and Culture - Beginner 1
The course is designed to provide an introduction to basic Chinese, with an emphasis on developing students’ listening and speaking skills. Through exercises in the Chinese phonetic system, simple conversations, basic vocabulary and sentence patterns, this course provides a foundation for engaging in simple conversations. After the course, students are able to sit the Chinese proficiency test HSK 1 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi).
The course is for people who have no or little prior knowledge of the Chinese language.
As a beginner, you will learn to read and write a number of Chinese characters. You will also be introduced to elementary Chinese grammar rules, and the Pinyin Romanization system, in which Chinese is written using Roman characters. Furthermore, you will learn to use Pinyin Chinese-English dictionaries.
- Chinese Pinyin
- 150 common Chinese characters
- Simple topics related to family, personal life and everyday life
- Pronunciation exercises
- Basic Chinese grammar
- Related Chinese Cultural Knowledge.
The course is based on the textbook “Standard Course HSK1" and “New Practical Chinese Reader "Vol.1.
Facts about the course
- Teaching language: Chinese & English
- Course fee: Free of charge for full-time and exchange IBA students. 750 DKK + 200 DKK fee for teaching materials.
Ildikó AntalDirector, IBA International & Confucius InstituteTel.: +45 25 28 45 47