Business Chinese and Culture - Elementary 1
The course aims at helping learners to acquire language skills in day-to-day social interactions. By completing this course, the students will have basic Chinese knowledge and skills for their commercial activities, and will develop their communicative abilities appropriate to Chinese environments. After the course, students are able to sit the Chinese proficiency test HSK 3 (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi).
The course is for students who have completed the Business Chinese and Culture beginner 2 course, and who wish to continue learning Chinese. Students whose listening and speaking skills are at an equivalent level are also welcome.
- More than 200 Commercial Chinese expressions for shopping, traveling, appointment making
- 200 words or phrases for commonly used basic commercial vocabulary
- 300 Chinese characters
- Basic grammar
- Conversations in business situations
- Background knowledge about Chinese society, culture, customs and commercial life.
The course is based on the textbook “Gateway to Business Chinese" Book 2 (lesson 6 to lesson 20), and “Into Business with Chinese”.
Facts about the course
- Venue: IBA Erhvervsakademi Kolding, Havneparken 1, 6000 Kolding
- Teaching language: Chinese & English
- Course fee: Free of charge for full-time and exchange IBA students. 750 DKK + 200 DKK fee for teaching materials.
Ildikó AntalDirector, IBA International & Confucius InstituteTel.: +45 25 28 45 47