Top-up bachelor (Honours) // Study in English
The full-time top-up BA (Honours) International Business degree has been developed by IBA in co-operation with Coventry University, UK.
The programme encourages the development of a range of specific business knowledge and skills, as well as that of critical attitudes towards change and enterprise that reflect the dynamic business environment and the need for adaptability of business graduates.
Study start: 12. September 2022 Application deadline: 30 June 2022 at 12:00 CET for Non-EU applicants // 15 August 2022 at 12:00 CET for DK/EU/EEA/Swiss applicants
Admission requirements: AP Degree or equivalent to minimum of two years’ post-secondary education in Business-related subjects (120 ECTS or 240 CATS), incl. English proficiency level equivalent to min. IELTS 6.0
Duration: 1 year, 120 CATS (NQF/EQF Level 6)
Tuition: All students regardless of their citizenship – from DKK 64,000
Mode of study
Full-time, on campus
Language of instruction
The programme is developed, delivered and assessed by IBA, it is awarded and quality assured by Coventry University. The programme leads to a Coventry University degree award.
The educational aims of the programme are:
- To develop a range of transferable skills, competencies, and independent lifelong learning skills valuable in employment and career development in international areas.
- To reflect business practice within the international context and with an emphasis, where appropriate, on the application of theory to practice.
- To demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the international business environment, business strategy, and the key functions of business organisations.
- To develop the ability to assess and evaluate critically the global business context, as well as synthesize and evaluate various solutions for the resolution of global problems and issues.
- To enable students to develop, or enhance, careers in the international business arena.
- To enable students to enter postgraduate programmes.
Top 5 reasons to study with Coventry University.
- Ranked No.15 UK University - Guardian University Guide 2020
- Top 15 UK university 5 years running - Guardian University Guide 2016-2020
- 5 QS Stars Rated for Excellence - QS Stars University Ratings 2020
- Top 30 in the World for International Students - QS World University Rankings 2021
- University of the Year for Student Experience 2019 - The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019.
- You must normally have successfully completed a minimum of two years’ post-secondary education (AP degree from Denmark or equivalent), or 240 CATS (APL with 120 credits at level 1 and 120 credits at level 2) obtained in a business-related area.
The following Danish AP programmes give direct access to this top-up:
- AP Marketing Management
- AP Logistics Management
- AP Service, Hospitality & Tourism Management
- AP Commerce Management
- AP Design, Technology & Business
English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or higher.
Applicants must submit a valid, recognised international English proficiency test.
- All applicants eligible for admission to the programme will have to complete an online admission interview. If the applicant does not show up for the interview, the application will not be considered further.
- Relevant professional experience will be considered in evaluation of applications.
Non-standard applications may be considered for entry to the course and will be at the discretion of the Programme Manager.
You can apply for the Top-up BA (Honours) in International Business programme only for summer intake.
All applications must be made through the online application form here*.
*Please note that we will not accept applications or any documentation containing personal information via e-mail.
All applicants are required to pay an application fee before their application can be processed by IBA. Read more about the application fee.
All required documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the given deadline:
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 30 June 2022, 12:00 CET
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 15 August 2022, 12:00 CET
Study start is 12 September 2022.
If you have questions in connection with admission, you can contact our International Admission Office via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must attach documentation to support the information mentioned in your application. All relevant documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the above-stated application deadline.
- Upper Secondary School Diploma and Transcripts of records (copy of original and translation)
- AP Degree or equivalent and Transcripts of records with min. 120 ECTS or 240 CATS (copy of original and translation).
If you have not finished your degree at the time of application, you must provide detailed Transcripts of records, mentioning the expected date of graduation.
- Documentation for English language proficiency
- Copy of valid passport/national ID
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 A4 pages)
- Application Fee Payment Receipt
If you want to make your application more competitive and be assessed on additional qualifications, you can provide the following documentation:
- Other relevant educational activity (higher education, relevant supplementary training/courses)
- Relevant work experience, incl. internships and compulsory military service (max. 12 months)
- Voluntary unpaid work
- Other activities, such as stays abroad.
All applicants regardless of their citizenship must pay tuition fee for the programme.
The tuition fee for the programme is DKK 64,000 for the full programme.
The fee includes all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. The tuition fee does not include the cost of visa, books, accommodation, food, international travel or local transportation. Students admitted to the study programme are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival at IBA.
We do not offer scholarships for this programme.
The programme is not entitled to the Danish State Education Support (SU). Read more at www.su.dk.
If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you normally need to apply for a Residence Permit to attend the full-time studies, prior your arrival in Denmark. Read more about residence and work permit as a student.
If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you do not need to apply for a residence permit, but must instead apply for an EU residence document after your arrival in Denmark. Read more about EU residence here.
Peter Waring LeiProgramme ManagerTel.: +45 72 11 82 53
Franziska FeiglProgramme AdministratorTel.: +45 72 11 82 19
Mathew Haworth SeveranceInternational Coordinator, Recruitment & AdmissionTel.: +45 20 77 93 32
Anna BarseghyanInternational Coordinator, Recruitment & AdmissionTel.: +45 20 78 21 36