Top-up bachelor (Honours) // Study in English
The full-time top-up BA (Honours) International Business degree has been developed by IBA in co-operation with Coventry University, UK.
The programme encourages the development of a range of specific business knowledge and skills, as well as that of critical attitudes towards change and enterprise that reflect the dynamic business environment and the need for adaptability of business graduates.
Study start: 07. September 2020 Application deadline: 15. June 2020
Duration: 1 year, 120 CATS (equivalent to 60 ECTS)
Tuition: 64,000 DKK + books approximately 4,000 DKK
The programme is developed, delivered and assessed by IBA, it is awarded and quality assured by Coventry University. The programme leads to a Coventry University degree award.
The educational aims of the programme are:
- To develop a range of transferable skills, competencies, and independent lifelong learning skills valuable in employment and career development in international areas.
- To reflect business practice within the international context and with an emphasis, where appropriate, on the application of theory to practice.
- To demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the international business environment, business strategy, and the key functions of business organisations.
- To develop the ability to assess and evaluate critically the global business context, as well as synthesize and evaluate various solutions for the resolution of global problems and issues.
- To enable students to develop, or enhance, careers in the international business arena.
- To enable students to enter postgraduate programmes.
The normal requirement for this one-year top-up BA programme is a minimum of two years’ post-secondary education (AP degree from Denmark or equivalent), or 240 CATS (APL with 120 credits at level 1 and 120 credits at level 2) obtained in a business-related area.
Students from Denmark must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level. The English B-level is represented by 210 hours, carried out during the last three years of upper-secondary school (equivalent to the Danish B-level of a Danish upper-secondary examination).
- IELTS Academic: overall score 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in each component)
- TOEFL Internet-based: 65
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): grade A, B, C or Level B2 (min. score 169)
- Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE): pass
- Cambridge English First (FCE): grade A, B or C (minimum score 169)
- Oxford Online Placement Test: CEF B2, minimum 70 in each section (offered by IBA or an approved IBA representative abroad). Test result must be no more than 1 year old at the date of application.
- International Baccalaureate (from the IB diploma programme): English B HL passed, English B SL (minimum grade 5)
- PTE Academic: 52 (authorized test only)
For non-EU applicants we only accept IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or Cambridge tests.
IMPORTANT NOTICE for non-EU applicants! If you are not able to take an IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or Cambridge tests because of COVID-19 (you must provide proof that your booked test was postponed or cancelled), you can take an Oxford Online Placement Test under our full supervision. More information about the test will be provided upon personal contact. If you wish to use this opportunity, please contact us via email@example.com.
For the duration of the COVID-19 lockdowns, IBA will also accept IELTS Indicator, if taken via a recognised IELTS test centre. The same scores apply as for the regular IELTS.
Exempted from the requirement of the English test are:
- Applicants holding Nordic entrance exams (Norway, Sweden, Finland or Iceland). The documentation for these applicants will be assessed according to the standard requirements for Danish applicants.
- Native English speakers and applicants with a qualifying examination with on-campus tuition in USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, or Ireland. The applicant must provide documentation that the programme was taught in English.
Please note that applicants with a qualifying examination from any country other than the above-mentioned (including any African and Asian countries where the language of instruction is English), must submit IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge test.
- Applicants holding an English-taught AP or BA degree from the Danish education institution. The applicant must provide documentation that the programme was taught in English.
The full-time Top-up BA (Honours) in International Business programme has only a summer intake.
Please note that all applicants must write a letter of motivation and may be required to attend an admission interview.
All non-EU citizens without a valid Danish permanent residence permit must pay an application fee of 750 DKK.
IBA must receive the application fee before the application deadline; otherwise your application will not be considered.
The application fee will not be deducted in any form; it is not a guarantee of admission, and it is not refundable if the student is not admitted, or if they cancel the application during the process.
Exempted from paying the application fee:
- Non-EU students who have completed one of IBA’s study programmes and are applying for another
- Non-EU students with a valid Danish permanent residence permit
- Applicants with refugee status, who are living in Denmark and who have a permanent residence permit issued in Denmark.
The application fee for Autumn intake must be paid online HERE.
Please remember to mention your name on the payment, and to include the receipt of payment along with your signature page to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying for the summer intake, you need to fill in the application form here.
All attachments to your application must be submitted together with the application form no later than the application deadline.
Application deadline: June 15.
Please make sure that you send the following documents with your application:
- Transcript of records and diploma (AP degree or other education)
- Documentation for English language skills
- Motivation letter
- References (if any)
- Copy of passport
- High school diploma - only if you apply with an education from another country
Please do not send documentation/diplomas that are not required!
Peter Waring LeiProgramme ManagerPh: +45 72 11 82 53
Franziska FeiglProgramme AdministratorPh: +45 72 11 82 19
Alla RozovaInternational Coordinator – Recruitment, Admission (EU/EEA students) and Confucius InstitutePh: +45 24 29 70 18
Bloeme BergmannInternational Coordinator – Recruitment and Admission (non-EU/EEA students)Ph: +45 24 29 70 21