Top-up bachelor (Honours) // Study in English
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Business
The programme encourages the development of a range of specific business knowledge and skills, as well as critical attitudes toward change and enterprise that reflect the dynamic business environment and the need for adaptability of business graduates.
The Top-up BA (Honours) in International Business is an international degree, offered in collaboration with Coventry University, UK, with on-campus tuition at IBA, Kolding, in Denmark.
Study start: 11. September 2023 Application deadline: 15th May 2023 for Non-EU applicants // 1st July 2023 for EU/EEA/Swiss applicants.
Admission requirements: AP Degree or equivalent to minimum of two years’ post-secondary education in Business-related subjects (120 ECTS or 240 CATS), incl. English proficiency level equivalent to min. IELTS 6.0
Duration: 1 year, 120 CATS (NQF/EQF Level 6)
Tuition: All students regardless of their citizenship – from DKK 64,000
Mode of study
Full-time, on campus
Language of instruction
The course is developed, delivered and assessed by IBA, it is awarded and quality assured by Coventry University. The course leads to a Coventry University degree award.
- To develop a range of transferable skills, competencies, and independent lifelong learning skills valuable in employment and career development in international areas.
- To reflect business practice within the international context and with an emphasis, where appropriate, on the application of theory to practice.
- To demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the international business environment, business strategy, and the key functions of business organisations.
- To develop the ability to assess and evaluate critically the global business context, as well as synthesize and evaluate various solutions for the resolution of global problems and issues.
- To enable students to develop, or enhance, careers in the international business arena.
- On successful completion of the programme, you have the opportunity to apply to the MSc in International Business (full-time), MSc in Business and Organisational Psychology (full-time) or E-MSc in International Business (e-learning) at IBA. It is also possible to enter the job market and return later to acquire new skills.
The programme is delivered, and assessed by IBA and is awarded, and quality assured by Coventry University. The programme leads to a Coventry University degree award.
It is a 1-year (2-semester) bachelor’s top-up programme consisting of 7 taught modules:
- Principles of Strategy – 20 CATS
- Management of E-Commerce – 20 CATS
- Academic English for International Business – 10 CATS
- International Human Resource Management – 20 CATS
- International Logistics – 20 CATS
- International Marketing – 20 CATS
- Understanding International Business – 10 CATS
Total degree credits - 120 CATS
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated - please contact us for the latest information.
Reasons to study a degree at IBA, awarded by Coventry University, UK:
- Coventry University ranked No. 38 UK University - Guardian University Guide 2022
- Top 15 UK university, 5 years running - Guardian University Guide 2016-2020
- IBA is a Danish public institution, focused on professional, vocational education
- Informal, small classes, friendly learning environment
- Education influenced by Danish company requirements, focused on students’ future careers
- Affordable tuition fees
- Company visits
- You must normally have successfully completed a minimum of two years’ post-secondary education (AP degree from Denmark or equivalent), or 240 CATS (APL with 120 credits at level 1 and 120 credits at level 2) obtained in a business-related area.
The following Danish AP courses give direct access to this top-up:
- AP Marketing Management
- AP Logistics Management
- AP Service, Hospitality & Tourism Management
- AP Commerce Management
- AP Design, Technology & Business
English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or higher.
Applicants must submit a valid, recognised international English proficiency test.
Read about our English requirements, accepted certificates and exemptions.
- All applicants eligible for admission to the course will have to complete an online admission interview. If the applicant does not show up for the interview, the application will not be considered further.
- Relevant professional experience will be considered in the evaluation of applications.
Non-standard applications may be considered for entry to the course and will be at the discretion of the Course Manager.
You can apply for the Top-up BA (Honours) in International Business course only for summer intake.
All applications must be made through the online application form here*.
*Please note that we will not accept applications or any document containing personal information via e-mail.
All applicants are required to pay an application fee before their application can be processed by IBA. Read more about the application fee.
All required documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the given deadline:
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 15 May 2023, 12:00 CET
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 01 July 2023, 12:00 CET
Study start is 11 September 2023.
If you have questions in connection with admission, you can contact our International Admission Office via email, at email@example.com.
You must attach documentation to support the information mentioned in your application. All relevant documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the above-stated application deadline.
- Upper Secondary School Diploma and Transcripts of records (copy of original and translation)
- AP Degree or equivalent and Transcripts of records with min. 120 ECTS or 240 CATS (copy of original and translation).
If you have not finished your degree at the time of application, you must provide detailed Transcripts of records, mentioning the expected date of graduation.
- Documentation for English language proficiency
- Copy of valid passport/national ID
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 A4 pages)
- Application Fee Payment Receipt
If you want to make your application more competitive and be assessed on additional qualifications, you can provide the following documentation:
- Other relevant educational activity (higher education, relevant supplementary training/courses)
- Relevant work experience, incl. internships and compulsory military service (max. 12 months)
- Voluntary unpaid work
- Other activities, such as stays abroad.
All applicants regardless of their citizenship must pay tuition fee for the course.
The tuition fee for the courseis DKK 64,000 for the full programme.
The fee includes all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. The tuition fee does not include the cost of visa, books, accommodation, food, international travel or local transportation. Students admitted to the study programme are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival at IBA.
September start tuition payment deadline:
- Non-EU applicants: 1st July 2023
- EU applicants: 15th August 2023
IBA Alumni Discount
We offer a discounted tuition rate for IBA alumni for continuing their education with IBA.
This will be shown on your final instalment if you choose to pay over multiple instalments.
Example: 64,000 DKK for a BA Top-up in International Business is discounted to 55,000 DKK for IBA alumni.
If you choose two instalments, you will pay 32,000 DKK for the first instalment, and 23,000 DKK for the second instalment, for a total of 55,000 DKK. (the two instalment option is only available to EU/EEA/Swiss citizens and non-EU/EEA/Swiss legal residents in Denmark at the moment of application)
(This is not available to IBA alumni graduating with an AP degree in the years 2022 and 2023, please refer to the international admission office about special rates for these students.)
We do not offer scholarships for this course.
The course is not entitled to the Danish State Education Support (SU). Read more at www.su.dk.
If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you normally need to apply for a Residence Permit to attend the full-time studies, prior your arrival in Denmark. Read more about residence and work permit as a student.
If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you do not need to apply for a residence permit, but must instead apply for an EU residence document after your arrival in Denmark. Read more about EU residence here.
IBA International Business Academy is a public independent institution accredited and regulated by the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science. Please read more about Business Academies in Denmark here.
This programme is accredited by Coventry University, UK.
This programme was approved by the Danish Evaluation and Accreditation Institute (EVA).
Peter Waring LeiCourse DirectorTel.: +45 72 11 82 53
Franziska FeiglCourse AdministratorTel.: +45 72 11 82 19
Mathew Haworth SeveranceInternational Coordinator, Recruitment & Admission (CU / LBU Programmes)Tel.: +45 20 77 93 32
Anna BarseghyanInternational Coordinator, Recruitment & Admission (CU / LBU Programmes)Tel.: +45 20 78 21 36