Bachelor degree // Study in English
International Business (E-BA)
Competition is increasing in the international market, making the demand for skilled employment within the areas of marketing, economics and human resources even higher. Especially if one person is able to work with different assignments across all fields.
Our BA degree in International Business gives you the most important tools you need to solve the kinds of complex challenges that occur when working in an international environment.
You will gain insights into specific techniques and methods within financial management, intercultural communication and human resource management, enabling you to work on your assignments in a very professional way.
Study start: 04. February 2019 Application deadline: February 1, 2019Study start: 09. September 2019 Application deadline: September 1, 2019
Admission requirements: AP degree from International Business Academy or an equivalent school, or another degree at the equivalent level. Additionally, English at a certain level.
Duration: 1.5 - 6 years, 120 CATS (60 ECTS).
Tuition: Price for registration is DKK 7,500. Each unit costs DKK 5,000 (8 units in total). The research project costs DKK 12,500. The total price is DKK 60,000.
The bachelor in international business is a part-time and international programme, offered by Leeds Beckett University in co-operation with IBA International Business Academy in Kolding, and is 100% via e-learning. It is a top-up programme that corresponds to the third year of a full-time bachelor and builds on top of two year programmes like the Danish AP degrees or the British DipHE or HND programmes.
Choosing an e-learning programme gives you maximum freedom and flexibility during your studies. The classes are a combination of live online seminars and teaching via our digital platform. All seminars are recorded, so you can watch them regardless of time and place.
What is e-Learning?
E-Learning programmes are programmes that are offered online or through distance learning, and put simply, studying by distance learning means you don't have to be based in Kolding to take one of our courses. Wherever you are, you may study with us.
When you choose one of our e-learning programmes, you can study at a distance, at a time and pace that suit you.
Our e-Learning Team
We've been running e-learning courses at the IBA since 1996 and welcome students across the world - from Denmark to Argentina and Australia to Canada.
Our dedicated e-Learning team consists of specialists who make sure that our students have a great education and a great experience.
We ensure that:
- each course is the same quality and level as a course studied on our campus and internationally
- the teaching and learning materials are chosen and designed to help you learn and succeed while studying at home
- the support we provide to e-Learning students is prompt, efficient and helpful
- our academic staff are subject experts and dedicated to delivering great courses that help our e-learning students thrive in their careers and lives.
Benefits of e-Learning
- E-learning is a great way to progress further in your career - you can balance the demands of your course with your everyday commitments, allowing you to keep working while you learn.
- You don't have to come on to campus to attend lectures and seminars, so you won’t have to worry about relocating.
- Since there are no borders limiting our activities, our e-learning programmes are truly international awarding internationally recognised degrees.
- You'll have the option to study at home after the kids have gone to bed, in a library, in a coffee shop - or even on the bus. In fact, if you can access the internet, you can access nearly everything you need for our e-learning courses.
- All our e-learning courses have start dates twice a year, giving you added options.
- Any qualification you earn from us by e-learning is of equal value to one obtained studying on campus.
- As well as having access to both the IBA’s and Leeds Beckett University’s libraries and electronic databases, you can use other university libraries, so you’ll have the benefit of learning resources close to where you live.
- All e-programmes are split up into modules giving you flexibility and enabling you to control your own learning progression.
- You can get on and off “the train” at any time
Support While You Study
We put a lot of time and effort into ensuring you have a great experience with us. When signing up, all e-learning students are given access to online information, which specifies exactly what is expected from you - and what you can expect from us.
Just because you aren't learning on campus doesn't mean you'll have to cope on your own - you'll have the support of dedicated academic staff while studying the individual modules, and our administrative personnel will be on hand to offer you advice about everything from academic issues to stress and anxiety.
Tools for Learning
Our students log in to a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) instead of attending lectures or seminars in person. The VLE gives you access to course materials such as videos, e-books and other documents. You also use it to discuss the course material with your tutors and peers and to submit your assignments and receive feedback.
As well as through the VLE, you'll communicate with us through our online webinars, and emails.
There is also an opportunity to attend an annual residential at Leeds Beckett University, if you like.
We work with specialist organisations to ensure that our e-learning programmes deliver the best qualifications possible. Our partners include:
- Leeds Beckett University
- Blackboard - they are global online learning experts, and we currently utilise their world-leading virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Network of International Business Schools (NIBS) - we are proud members of this organisation, which has accredited our programmes
- Through LBU we are also accredited by the British QAA.
With this bachelor degree, you are well-equipped for a career in an international company. You get skills that will strengthen your job options within marketing, financing and human resource management in a global market.
The BA degree is also one step further up the educational ladder to a master’s degree.
Structure of the programme
- Economics (PDF) – 9 CATS (4.5 ECTS)
- HRM (PDF) – 9 CATS (4.5 ECTS)
- Culture Studies (PDF) – 9 CATS (4.5 ECTS)
- Marketing Issues 1 (PDF) – 9 CATS (4.5 ECTS)
- Marketing Issues 2 (PDF) – 9 CATS (4.5 ECTS)
- Finance 1 (PDF) – 9 CATS (4.5 ECTS)
- Finance 2 (PDF) – 9 CATS (4.5 ECTS)
- Corporate Strategy (PDF) – 9 CATS (4.5 ECTS)
- Research Project (PDF) – 48 CATS (24 ECTS)
Total 120 CATS (60 ECTS)
You may progress like this:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our programmes are designed with working professionals in mind and allow for flexibility within a framework. You can choose the days of the week and the times of the day you study to accommodate your other commitments, however you must meet some deadlines as advised by your lecturer. Our modules are 8-12 weeks in duration, and you are able to take breaks in between modules.
Yes, there are tuition fees, and they apply to all students irrespective of nationality. Unfortunately, there are no scholarships, grants, or discounts available at the moment? Tuition fees are quoted in Danish kroner, but may be paid electronically in any recognized currency.
Yes, it is. There is absolutely no distinction between the quality of online and campus programmes. You can be assured that all our online degrees have the same status as those awarded to graduates who studied on-campus.
No, your degree certificate will look exactly the same as those awarded to students who studied on campus in Denmark or Leeds. There will be no reference to ‘online’ on your degree certificate.
Asynchronous learning means that there are no set times for you to be online. You can log in to your classroom at times of the day and days of the week that suit you. This makes it possible for students in different time zones to participate in the asynchronous discussion threads that most lecturers run and that allow you to participate in online discussions when it suits you, and there will be webinars offered at regular intervals and video-recorded for those of you who cannot attend at specific times, or want to see them again.
The e-learning concept is designed in such a way that you can always keep track of your personal learning progression.
For most programmes you will need to order one textbook per module. The average cost is US$120 per book. Additional e-books and texts are provided at no extra costs.
No, none of our online programmes require you to travel. All teaching is done online. Even exams are online.
You’ll meet all sorts of interesting, motivated people from all over the world. But generally speaking, you’ll find that most of our online students are ambitious 31-45-year-old professionals who fit their studies around their work and other commitments. Around 85% of them will typically be in full-time employment, and have extensive work experience.
Many employers not only recognize IBA’s and Leeds Beckett University's online qualifications, they sponsor their employees to study with us, too. They know that our online degrees have the same status and high standards as our on-campus degrees.
As UK university degrees, our online qualifications are widely recognized internationally.
On average, students spend around 5-10 hours per week on their studies on the E-BA and Double Degree programmes and 10-15 hours per week on the E-MSc and E-MBA programmes. You may need more time, especially for your first module as you adjust to the learning platform, and you may need less for some modules. The time you need to spend studying will depend on many variables including your previous academic experience, your confidence with technology, and your English-language skills.
On successful completion of the bachelor degree, you can progress automatically to a master’s degree at the IBA, or use your credits to complete a degree at master’s level at another university in Denmark or abroad.
To be accepted to the programme, you must have successfully completed a 2-year AP degree from International Business Academy or an equivalent school, or another degree at the equivalent level.
Additionally, you must have passed English at a certain level. Students from Denmark must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level. The English B-level is represented by 210 hours during the last three years of upper-secondary school (equivalent to the Danish B-level of a Danish upper-secondary examination).
Students from all other countries must present a recognised international English test, with a result equivalent to or better than:
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL Paper: 550
- TOEFL Computer: 213
- TOEFL Internet-based: 79 (minimum 19 in all sections)
- Cambridge test: CAE A, B or C
- Oxford Online Placement test: B2 (min. 70 in each part)
You can apply to this programme for autumn and spring intake. When applying, you need to fill out the formula bellow and attach the applicationform (Word) and necessary documentation (CV, exam certificates and photo ID).
The application deadline for autumn intake is September 1.
The application deadline for spring intake is February 1.
If you have any questions regarding admission and your application, please contact Keld Hvam at +45 25 28 46 00 or email@example.com.
The total tuition fee of DKK 60,000 covers the first 3 years, and if your studies continue after that, you will have to pay an additional registration fee per year of DKK 1,000.
The tuition and registration fees include all teaching, learning support and administrative costs, but are exclusive of books.
Registration: DKK 7,500
Each unit: DKK 5,000 (8 units in total)
Research project: DKK 12,500
Note that payment per unit is effected at the start of each unit.
CATS & ECTS
The CATS (Credit Accumulation and Transfer Scheme) points system is recognised by many UK Higher Education institutions as a method of quantifying credit for a particular course.
CATS points convert to European academic credits (ECTS) as follows: Two CATS points are equivalent to one ECTS point.
- Read about the new permises