Top-up bachelor (Honours) // Study in English Bachelor of Science (Honours) Informatics
(first study start - September 2023)
The full-time BSc (Hons) Informatics degree has been developed by IBA in co-operation with Coventry University, UK.
The programme gives candidates the leading edge skills for 21st century Informatics. Career destinations for the graduates of the programme include the IT Security, web and desktop application development, or continue their study on the post-graduate level.
Study start: 04. September 2023 Application deadline: 30 June 2023 at 12:00 CET for Non-EU applicants // 15 August 2023 at 12:00 CET for DK/EU/EEA/Swiss applicants
Admission requirements: AP Degree or equivalent to minimum of two years’ post-secondary education in IT-related subjects (120 ECTS or 240 CATS), incl. English proficiency level equivalent to min. IELTS 6.0
Duration: 1 year, 120 CATS (NQF/EQF Level 6)
Tuition: All students regardless their citizenship – from DKK 75,000
Mode of study
Full-time, on campus
Language of instruction
The programme is developed, delivered and assessed by IBA, it is awarded and quality assured by Coventry University. The programme leads to a Coventry University degree award.
The educational aims of the programme
The BSc Informatics degree programme has been designed with specific subject-related modules to address:
- The most recent development in today’s web-intensive environment with topics such rapid agile development, web application and open source development.
- The social, legal and ethical aspects of the modern computing environment.
Graduates of this programme will be:
- Competent computing professionals, with the ability work effectively in the computing/IT industry worldwide, or as facilitators in any industry requiring computing/IT expertise.
- Competent to undertake research at Masters level building on the knowledge gained in the Bsc Informatics.
- Competent to work in the multicultural environment and project teams.
Web API Development – 20 CATS
Information Technology and Global Development – 20 CATS
Agile Development – 20 CATS
Games and AI – 20 CATS
Open Source Development– 20 CATS
Individual Project – 20 CATS
We regularly review our course content, to make it relevant and current for the benefit of our students. For these reasons, course modules may be updated, please contact us for the latest information.
- You must normally have successfully completed a minimum of two years’ post-secondary education (AP degree from Denmark or equivalent), or 240 CATS (APL with 120 credits at level 1 and 120 credits at level 2) obtained in an IT-related area.
The following Danish AP programmes give direct access to this top-up:
- AP Multimedia Design
- AP Computer Science
- AP IT Technology
English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or higher.
Applicants must submit a valid, recognised international English proficiency test.
- All applicants eligible for admission to the programme will have to complete an online admission interview. If the applicant does not show up for the interview, the application will not be considered further.
- Relevant professional experience will be considered in evaluation of applications.
Non-standard applications may be considered for entry to the course and will be at the discretion of the Programme Manager.
You can apply for the Top-up Bsc (Honours) in Informatics programme only for summer intake (first available intake is Summer 2023).
All applications must be made through the online application form here*.
*Please note that we will not accept applications or any documentation containing personal information via e-mail.
All applicants are required to pay an application fee before their application can be processed by IBA. Read more about the application fee.
All required documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the given deadline:
- Non-EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 30 June 2023, 12:00 CET
- EU/EEA/Swiss applicants must apply no later than 15 August 2023, 12:00 CET
Study start is 1 September 2023.
If you have questions in connection with admission, you can contact our International Admission Office via email, at email@example.com.
You must attach documentation to support the information mentioned in your application. All relevant documentation must be attached to your application in the system by the above-stated application deadline.
- Upper Secondary School Diploma and Transcripts of records (Copy of original and translation*)
- AP Degree or equivalent and Transcripts of records with min. 120 ECTS or 240 CATS (Copy of original and translation*)
If you have not finished your degree at the time of application, you must provide detailed Transcripts of records, mentioning the expected date of graduation.
- Documentation for English language proficiency
- Copy of valid passport/national ID
- Letter of motivation (max. 2 A4 pages)
- Application Fee Payment Receipt
If you want to make your application more competitive and be assessed on additional qualifications, you can provide the following documentation:
- Other relevant educational activity (higher education, relevant supplementary training/courses)
- Relevant work experience, incl. internships and compulsory military service (max. 12 months)
- Voluntary unpaid work
- Other activities, such as stays abroad.
All applicants regardless of their citizenship must pay tuition fee for the programme.
The tuition fee for the programme is DKK 75,000 for the full programme.
The fee includes all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. The tuition fee does not include the cost of visa, books, accommodation, food, international travel or local transportation. Students admitted to the study programme are required to purchase the recommended book package before or upon arrival at IBA.
We do not offer scholarships for this programme.
The programme is not entitled to the Danish State Education Support (SU). Read more at www.su.dk.
If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you normally need to apply for a Residence Permit to attend the full-time studies, prior your arrival in Denmark. Read more about residence and work permit as a student.
If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, you do not need to apply for a residence permit, but must instead apply for an EU residence document after your arrival in Denmark. Read more about EU residence here.