Master's degree // Study online in English
MBA in General Management (E-MBA)
As a manager, it is important to stay ahead of market trends and development, as well as with the various external factors that influence a company’s success, ability to compete with others, and position in the market.
Some of the most important parameters for a company to be successful are strategy, economics, management, marketing and human resource management, and this programme has a strong focus on these topics.
This MBA Degree is a part-time and international programme, offered by London South Bank University in co-operation with IBA International Business Academy in Kolding.
Autumn: Application deadline is September 1.Spring: Application deadline is February 1.
Admission requirements: You must normally have successfully completed a degree in a relevant subject area at undergraduate level (bachelor or equivalent). English level must correspond to the IELTS academic score of 6.0+ or equivalent.
Duration: 2-6 years part-time, 180 CATS (90 ECTS).
Tuition: DKK 107,500
Please note: This is an online programme.
With a master’s degree in General Management you will get the skills to be able to work with all of the important aspects of a business. You get tools as well as knowledge and methods, to use now and in your future career.
Choosing the e-learning programme gives you maximum freedom and flexibility during your studies. The classes are a combination of live online seminars and teaching via our digital platform. All seminars are recorded, so you can watch them regardless of time and place.
This programme is highly flexible, so you plan your own time and work schedule in close co-operation with your lecturer. You are independent of time and place.
What is e-Learning?
E-Learning programmes are programmes that are offered online or through distance learning, and put simply, studying by distance learning means you don't have to be based in Kolding to take one of our courses. Wherever you are, you may study with us.
When you choose one of our e-learning programmes, you can study at a distance, at a time and pace that suit you.
Our e-Learning Team
We've been running e-learning courses at the IBA since 1996 and welcome students across the world - from Denmark to Argentina and Australia to Canada.
Our dedicated e-Learning team consists of specialists who make sure that our students have a great education and a great experience.
We ensure that:
- each course is the same quality and level as a course studied on our campus and internationally
- the teaching and learning materials are chosen and designed to help you learn and succeed while studying at home
- the support we provide to e-Learning students is prompt, efficient and helpful
- our academic staff are subject experts and dedicated to delivering great courses that help our e-learning students thrive in their careers and lives.
Benefits of e-Learning
- E-learning is a great way to progress further in your career - you can balance the demands of your course with your everyday commitments, allowing you to keep working while you learn.
- You don't have to come on to campus to attend lectures and seminars, so you won’t have to worry about relocating.
- Since there are no borders limiting our activities, our e-learning programmes are truly international awarding internationally recognised degrees.
- You'll have the option to study at home after the kids have gone to bed, in a library, in a coffee shop - or even on the bus. In fact, if you can access the internet, you can access nearly everything you need for our e-learning courses.
- All our e-learning courses have start dates twice a year, giving you added options.
- Any qualification you earn from us by e-learning is of equal value to one obtained studying on campus.
- As well as having access to both the IBA’s and London South Bank University’s libraries and electronic databases, you can use other university libraries, so you’ll have the benefit of learning resources close to where you live.
- All e-programmes are split up into modules giving you flexibility and enabling you to control your own learning progression.
- You can get on and off “the train” at any time
Support While You Study
We put a lot of time and effort into ensuring you have a great experience with us. When signing up, all e-learning students are given access to online information, which specifies exactly what is expected from you - and what you can expect from us.
Just because you aren't learning on campus doesn't mean you'll have to cope on your own - you'll have the support of dedicated academic staff while studying the individual modules, and our administrative personnel will be on hand to offer you advice about everything from academic issues to stress and anxiety.
Tools for Learning
Our students log in to a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) instead of attending lectures or seminars in person. The VLE gives you access to course materials such as videos, e-books and other documents. You also use it to discuss the course material with your tutors and peers and to submit your assignments and receive feedback.
As well as through the VLE, you'll communicate with us through our online webinars, and emails.
There is also an opportunity to attend an annual residential at London South Bank University, if you like.
We work with specialist organisations to ensure that our e-learning programmes deliver the best qualifications possible. Our partners include:
- London South Bank University (LSBU) - they validate our programmes and award the degrees
- Blackboard - they are global online learning experts, and we currently utilise their world-leading virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Network of International Business Schools (NIBS) - we are proud members of this organisation, which has accredited our programmes
- Through LSBU we are also accredited by the British QAA.
Jobs and career
Do you want to be first in line when companies need managers? By getting this education, you are able to hold a manager or mid-level manager position within an international company. You also have a good foundation for a career within consulting, marketing, finance and human resource management within the international market.
- The typical duration of the programme is 2 years (4 semesters).
- The programme comprises 6 x 12-week modules, and a dissertation. 180 CATS in total.
- The programme is 100% e-learning, and all classes and tests are in English.
- Every module finishes with a written assignment or an oral online test.
- Managerial Economics - 20 CATS (10 ECTS)
- Managing Human Resources - 20 CATS (10 ECTS)
- Managing Accountancy & Finance - 20 CATS (10 ECTS)
- Managing Strategy and Change - 20 CATS (10 ECTS)
- Marketing Management - 20 CATS (10 ECTS)
- Critical Management Inquiry - 20 CATS (10 ECTS)
- Dissertation (Hovedopgave) - 60 CATS (30 ECTS)
You can apply for this programme for autumn and spring intake. When applying, you need to download the application form (Word) and send it with your documentation (CV, exam certificates, photo ID) to email@example.com.
The application deadline for autumn intake is September 1, 2016.
If you have any questions regarding admission and your application, please contact Keld Hvam at +45 25 28 46 00, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must normally have successfully completed a degree in a relevant subject area at undergraduate level (bachelor or equivalent), and your English level must correspond to the IELTS academic score of 6.0+ or equivalent.
Students from Denmark must have passed English at a level equivalent to a Danish Upper Secondary education B-level. The English B-level is represented by 210 hours during the last three years of upper-secondary school (equivalent to the Danish B-level of a Danish upper-secondary examination).
Tuition fees amount to a total of DKK 107,500, and instalments are paid no later than 2 weeks before start of the module(s) in question. You only pay for the modules that you start, and when you start them.
Registration fee: DKK 7,500
Per module: DKK 15,000
Dissertation: DKK 10,000
The fees include all teaching and exams, learning support and administrative costs. Books are not included.
CATS & ECTS
The CATS (Credit Accumulation and Transfer Scheme) points system is recognised by many UK Higher Education institutions as a method of quantifying credit for a particular course.
CATS points convert to European academic credits (ECTS) as follows: Two CATS points are equivalent to one ECTS point.